cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone problems

HSMR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Used my old phone for my son, set it up with new SIM card, and iMessage won’t work. When I try to put the new phone number in his iCloud in the “reachable at” part, it says it will send me a code through text message but doesn’t send me anything.

Phone will work to send msgs to anyone without an Apple device, and if I try to send a text to someone with Apple it says “cannot send message, iMessage is disabled”.

While iMessage is turned on, it just continuously says “iMessage activating” and when I shut it off it won’t let me send a message to iPhone users even as a text message. 

Also quick question, if my prepaid plan is just for texting and calling, will it use my funds from my account as data? Or does it just know that I don’t have data so it won’t work or charge me?

3 REPLIES 3

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Under Setting-Messages near the bottom there is a toggle option for Send as SMS. - Send SMS when iMessage is unavailable. Carrier rates may apply.

Try that

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HSMR, Although i am not sure (I don't use an iPhone), I think iMessage uses data if available, but should send as regular text if no data or WiFi is present.

Hopefully someone with more experience with iPhones will chime in.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@HSMR, if you haven't paid for data in your plan you will not get any data.  Everything is prepaid so if you haven't added it in your plan you don't have access to it.  As for the rest of your stuff it has been many years since I was on an iOS device so I am not sure about that.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.