cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone on $15 plan. How to send SMS ?

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Trying to figure out how to get my daughter's iPhone to send / receive SMS messages when her data runs out. 

It worked fine on the $10 plan (limited talk and text). 

Now on $15 plan (talk, text with 250mb bonus data) it works while she has data and wifi at home but won't work when data has run out. 

Tried several setting. 

Is there a setting I'm missing (I'm an Android guy with no iMessage so mine just works)

5 REPLIES 5

@W0LW4Y wrote:

Hi, 

I had a similar problem with iPhone, whereas my other phones didn't have it.  After much reading here I discovered that the only fix for this is via the moderators.  They only work during the week but it is my understanding that they will try to address it within 48 hours.  Got to this link, click "Chat with SIMon", and the rest is pretty intutitive to get a ticket set up. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/mb/get-help

I hope this helps!

Moderator hours: M-F 8am-12 midnight edt/est  S&S 8am-10pm edt/est

W0LW4Y
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I had a similar problem with iPhone, whereas my other phones didn't have it.  After much reading here I discovered that the only fix for this is via the moderators.  They only work during the week but it is my understanding that they will try to address it within 48 hours.  Got to this link, click "Chat with SIMon", and the rest is pretty intutitive to get a ticket set up. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/mb/get-help

I hope this helps!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@sbreakinMake sure her iMessage settings have turned on SMS and MMS fallbacks.

Enable SMS and MMS in iOS MessagesEnable SMS and MMS in iOS Messages

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sbreakin , as long as you keep mobile data on, MMS should work even if the data is used up.  MMS uses unmetered mobile data.  Make sure not to turn it off.

sheldun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

if you turn off both your data and your wifi, you should be able to send SMS messages (the green messages) instead of using imessage (the dark blue messages)

make sure you have allowed her to actually send sms messages on her phone. go to settings > imessage > and scroll about half way down until you see 'send as sms'.

when i first got my phone i forgot to turn it on. i couldn't send anything but once i did it fixed the issue. it may take a couple of minutes to send the messages, as i've noticed on my phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.