cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone activation

Davehartley5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I put my public mobile SIM card into my unlocked iPhone i get a message saying to contact my carrier 

could you please help me set this up 

3 REPLIES 3

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Davehartley5 wrote:

When I put my public mobile SIM card into my unlocked iPhone i get a message saying to contact my carrier 

Have you tried rebooting your phone? Sometimes when changing SIMs in an unlocked phone you need to reboot to let the phone recognize the SIM properly. Another thing you might wish to do is report the phone lost/stolen on your Self-Serve account, wait 5-10 minutes, then report it found and reboot the phone. If it is a SIM/Account issue that should clear it up. To me it sounds like your unlocked phone isn't unlocked anymore. Some phones do lock after being on carrier even if you bought it unlocked. If you recently unlocked a locked phone, it might have failed.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Davehartley5

What else have you done so far?  Ie. did you activate your SIM card/account  online or in store?  New number or porting your number from another mobile company?  More details of your situation might help further figure out the problem.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Davehartley5 wrote:

@Davehartley5

What's the exact message it's telling you?

Need Help? Let's chat.