cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Xr data not working

Rachels
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched to PM today and this is an old phone from the Telus network. I have searched and can’t find anything else to try. 

I have reset my network settings and input the correct sp.mb.com in the cellular data settings. It still does not work. I then reset the network settings from the bottom of the general setting and put it back in. Still no good. Then I tried isp.mb.com but that didn’t work either. I have rebooted it after each thing as well. 

what else is there to try?

9 REPLIES 9

@Rachels

• Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.
  • you can factory reset the device which deletes all your files and reverts the phone back to default. make sure to back up your files, I'd you decide to do the reset

@Rachels  also check if your phone needs an update.

If you look at about phone it may show something like below.

IMG_0003.PNG

Not to familiar with iPhones (sorry) but there must be an option In the phone to check for updates?

Rachels

It makes sense that it would be locked. I’ll see what I can figure out. Thank you. 

@Rachels  can you try MANUALLY selecting a network rather than  automatic.

Rachels

I did. It defaults back to isp.telus.com. 

@Rachels wrote:

None of this has worked. If I reset the app it defaults to isp.telus.com

@Rachels 

Did you do these steps?:

Reset network settings on Apple iPhone XR
  1. Tap on Settings from the Home screen.
  2. Next, tap General.
  3. Scroll down to and then tap Reset to continue.
  4. Select the option to Reset Network Settings.
  5. If prompted, enter the correct passcode for your device.
  6. Then tap the option to confirm network settings reset.

Additionally, have you used this phone with a previous provider - Telus. I wonder if it is locked?

https://www.telus.com/en/mb/support/article/unlock-mobile-device?lang=en&prov=mb

Unlock your TELUS mobile device Information on how to unlock your TELUS mobile device

Contact us to unlock your device by calling 1-866-558-2273. We recommend calling from a different device so we can assist you with the unlock steps.

Note: We don't offer self-serve unlocking capabilities at the present time.

Device eligibility

Your device must meet all eligibility conditions below. TELUS may refuse any unlock request that appears intended to defraud TELUS or its customers.

• Device is locked to the TELUS network (TELUS can only unlock TELUS devices)
  • Device is not flagged as lost or stolen

Rachels

None of this has worked. If I reset the app it defaults to isp.telus.com

@Rachels you shouldn't have to input apn settings for an iPhone Xr. Try @Jb456 's suggestions. If they fail reset your network settings and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so.  Enable data, sms and mms and try sending an mms message and surfing the internet. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Try airplane mode for 5 minutes. If that don't work try connecting to iTunes to see if it pushes an update.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂. If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus please allow 72 hours for the credit to be applied.

Need Help? Let's chat.