cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: iPhone X

wrote:

BBAAAAAHHHHHHH  @Rockdaddy22, I didin't know you were an iSheep?  Just kidding so the phone is good?  I am really eyeing the Essential Phone it just had a HUGE price drop for Canada today!!

Tempting, but you might wanna hold till Nov 16th for OnePlus 5T.

iPhone X is overrated imho. You can't even watch YouTube videos in full screen without black bars. Literally, many other things including the notch are considered, but it still ends up with highest 9/10 ratings. Not a surprise if apple pays them to review Smiley Indifferent

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

The notch hasn’t really bothered me, yet anyway. I assume the Essential phone has the same issue. 

Mayor / Maire

People are saying the essential phone only sold 5000 units. It would not be a surprise it is technically an iphone running android nothing more. While the specs were very good it is lacking a LOT of stuff, just the headphones jack, no waterproof/slash, and no SD card support...and the list goes on . I would buy it once it hits 200 CAD on black friday

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Congrats @Rockdaddy22!  As we all know, iPhones aren't my cup of tea, but I understand the appeal, and you've definitely gotten the cream of the crop!  I hope you thoroughly enjoy!

@NDesai funny I've been thinking about those very same two phones, the PH-1 and OP 5T.  You can see my thoughts developing, starting here.  TL;DR: alough the PH-1 is now very tempting at it's new price, I think I've talked myself into waiting out the OP5T.  Smiley Happy

@will13am agreed, I hope my mom doesn't see this either!  I got her a Nexus 5 a couple of Christmases ago, at an extremely good clear out price on Expansys (RIP, Expansys!).  

@zhadj030 no, they are 100% completely different.  I get that they look similar, but just no.  From the chipset on up to the outer edge of the hardware they are very different beasts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Tags (1)
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@zhadj030 no, they are 100% completely different.  I get that they look similar, but just no.  From the chipset on up to the outer edge of the hardware they are very different beasts.

XD.

Sure they are both beasts. I mean I have been looking into it for a while now before I get the V20, it is a good phone if you are willing to overlook some of his problems, but I might suggest you wait for as you said One 5T or black friday I have a feeling it will go even further .

For me SD card and headphones are a must , and a possible open-able back cover, other then that I am not interested in fancy or curved looks, it will be inside a  case anyway .

Oracle

@srlawrenwrote:

@NDesai funny I've been thinking about those very same two phones, the PH-1 and OP 5T.  You can see my thoughts developing, starting here.  TL;DR: alough the PH-1 is now very tempting at it's new price, I think I've talked myself into waiting out the OP5T.  Smiley Happy

Have you heard about the new phone the gaming company Razer announced? It has big bezels but they are there for a reason. But oh my, specs wise and that screen at 120hz, it's an awesome phone if you're into mobile gaming. 

So many choices now a days, but i don't know why people still wanna pay the big bucks for iPhones no matter what they have to give up. No matter how cool or best ever phone it is, i will never get an iphone until they give me a freedom to simply transfer a document without itunes.

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

@NDesaiyeah some great options!!

Re: the razer phone: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Essential-Phone/m-p/195776/highlight/...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren Smiley Happy

What about the LG V20, it is not a bad phone at all and the price should be down now 

Oracle

What would really appeal to me would be a small bezeled 6-7" screen phone.  

Oracle

@zhadj030 wrote:

People are saying the essential phone only sold 5000 units. It would not be a surprise it is technically an iphone running android nothing more. While the specs were very good it is lacking a LOT of stuff, just the headphones jack, no waterproof/slash, and no SD card support...and the list goes on . I would buy it once it hits 200 CAD on black friday

I would be standing shoulder to shoulder with you in the lineup when it hits $200.