Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Voicemail Notification

ajkm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

Just ported to PM from Rogers.

Is there any solution to the lack of voicemail notifications yet (other than dialing in frequently to see if there are any messages)?

I'm hoping the Mods might have some kind of indication as to a timeline on solving this.

It really is a major issue and I don't think a factory reset of the phone is an acceptable solution. 

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

ajkm

So the easiest solution I found, which I have documented on another thread, was to sign up with YouMail (or World Voicemail) to provide voicemail functioning and then set up a call forward to the voicemail number from PM. It works like a charm.

ajkm

Thanks, yes.

Unfortunately it doesn't become apparent that this is required until after one switches from a previous provider - it wasn't something that even crossed my mind as likely to be an issue.

ajkm

Thanks for this.

ajkm

iPhone 6.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What model is your iPhone?

Not a new issue for sure.

Here is what came out of one situation where the client contacted the moderators. It looks like maybe Apple Support may be your only other option.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/iPHone-Visual-Voicemail/m-p/431567/hi...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ajkm wrote:

Hi all,

Just ported to PM from Rogers.

Is there any solution to the lack of voicemail notifications yet (other than dialing in frequently to see if there are any messages)?

I'm hoping the Mods might have some kind of indication as to a timeline on solving this.

It really is a major issue and I don't think a factory reset of the phone is an acceptable solution. 

Thanks.

@ajkm  My understanding is that this only occurs if you had visual voicemail enabled with your previous provider. The fix is you need to disable that feature before switching to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.