cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Voicemail Error

roadrunnerb99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am getting Call Failed message whenever I try accessing voicemail from my iphone.  I setup vm by diallng my phone number but wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue and how they fixed it.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@coonesly wrote:

Hi, my phone is doing the same thing.  Holding 1 doesnt work, i get call failed. I was with Koodo before. I dont really understand what you mean by change the voicemail. 

@coonesly since Koodo and Public Mobile use the same set of voicemail access numbers, I would have expected this to "just work" when moving between the two.  If you go into your phone app, settings, and find the voicemail access number, what does it say?  It should match up to one on this list:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/access-voice-mail-out-of-home... .  For example, my Koodo phone in the Vancouver area uses "+17785804001", which is on the list I linked.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

coonesly

Hi, my phone is doing the same thing.  Holding 1 doesnt work, i get call failed. I was with Koodo before. I dont really understand what you mean by change the voicemail. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@roadrunnerb99 great news!

@geogolem great link!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

roadrunnerb99

Thanks @geogolem   Your suggestion worked.  VM is working as expected now

geogolem
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This link has a better description: http://www.rogers.com/web/support/wireless/ios/1782?setLanguage=en

You just have to replace Rogers' voicemail access number with your Public mobile number in the code. 

Please try it out and let us know how it goes.

Have you tried resetting your vmail password from your self serve account? It's under Plan and Add-ons.

Are you able to retrieve vmail from another phone? This would mean the vmail account is correctly set up and we just haven't found the iPhone correction.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geogolem

Did you happen to try my suggestion. or did I post at about the same time you posted...?

roadrunnerb99

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried all of them and still get Call Failed message when I click on the Voicemail icon or press and hold 1.

geogolem

I know how to fix this issue with IPHONE..

Just follow the instructions here: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/change-voicemail-number-iphone-56080.html

Your voicemail access number is your phone number. 

Once you do this, holding down the 1 key will work.. or pressing the "voicemail" button. They will both work as you expect....

unfortunately public mobile doesnt support visual voicemail.

@roadrunnerb99 That is odd. Your voicemail may need to be reset. Before we request that how about trying/checking he following first:

- look in Phone under Settings to confirm the correct number is entered

- call your phone from another phone, press * (just once) when you hear the greeting follow the prompts to Admin. Change your password, exit, wait a few minutes and reboot the phone and follow any prompts.

- reset network settings (you will need to re-enter wifi passwords)

- toggle airplane mode off/on

- reboot the phone

We will notify the moderators, @Shazia_K @Mary_M, to look at your account in the morning. To save them work, please let us know if any of the suggestions succeed.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kdeleye

To access voicemail, I typically just hold down the "1" key rather than dilaing my number.  Maybe that method will work for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.