iPhone SE settings APN

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am on iOS 12.4.1. 

Carrier Public Mobile 36.0.1

Cellular Data network isp.mb.com blank blank

I have done a network reset. 

i can’t send text pics. 

Is there another place for more settings?

9 REPLIES 9

88cranston

Ok got it.

“Yes, Cellular data needs to be ON - even though it doesn't use a data plan for sending pics via MMS, the phone needs to be able to transmit this information to the carrier.”

If I have no data left, will it still work....a picture text?

====================

I have set up on iMessage a phone number and two email addresses. Since my Telus texting was so expensive at 50 cents a text here is how I “had” my iPhone, iMac, MacBook and iPad set up.

You can receive messages to and reply from

Cell number

Email 1

Email 2

Start new conversations from

Email 2

On this set up I turned wifi and cellular off on my iPhone. I texted my grandsons iPhone number (green bubble) and his responses came back on my iPad, iMac and MacBook (all on wifi) but nothing to iPhone. This also happened once when iPhone was on Telus.

=============

I have now changed  iMac, MacBook and iPad set up.

Cell number REMOVED

Email 1

Email 2

Email 2

I have now changed iPhone set up.

Cell number only

Email 1 REMOVED

Email 2 REMOVED

Cell number

Email 2 REMOVED

=============

IS THIS GOING TO WORK ON MY IPHONE TO SEND SEND RECEIVE  CELLULAR TEXTS ON IPHONE?

Haiggy

@geopublic wrote:

@88cranston  Turn data on.

Yes, Cellular data needs to be ON - even though it doesn't use a data plan for sending pics via MMS, the phone needs to be able to transmit this information to the carrier.

@88cranston  Turn data on.

@88cranstonIf you are able to receive things on your iPad that means your iCloud account is active.. Go under Messages you wil see Send & Receive -> x Addresses that's where all the email accounts and phone number you have setup that would receive messages are set. Further down Text Message Forwarding x Devices is the section where you set which devices under your iCloud account will receive your Messages.

IMG_3807.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@88cranston wrote:

Thanks did what you said. Plus network reset and log off and on to iCloud. So on my phone with wifi off and cellular off. I also set iMessage to  start messages from phone number.  Pic text fails. A non pic text goes out in green but answers back on iPad. Yikes!

What's with all the space?

Unless ios magically pops in and out of cell data when sending an MMS like my Samsung S7 on A8...cell data needs to be on to send/receive MMS.

88cranston

Thanks did what you said. Plus network reset and log off and on to iCloud. So on my phone with wifi off and cellular off. I also set iMessage to  start messages from phone number.  Pic text fails. A non pic text goes out in green but answers back on iPad. Yikes!

@88cranston Turn iMessage and Facetime OFF; wait 5 minutes and turn ON. This will reset Apple's servers.

Then check you messaging setup:

Settings >> Messages >> iMessage ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & Receive: should show your Apple ID email address and your PM phone number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

88cranston

My texting and data works.  I can’t text a pic (data tuned off). 

@ecowen wrote:

I have an iPhone 5s and had a rough time getting texting and data to work.  I ended up setting the phone back to factory settings and adding apps one at a time. I haven't discovered which app caused the problem but data, texting, sending and receiving calls all work perfectly now.  And, I'm very happy with Public.

ecowen

I have an iPhone 5s and had a rough time getting texting and data to work.  I ended up setting the phone back to factory settings and adding apps one at a time. I haven't discovered which app caused the problem but data, texting, sending and receiving calls all work perfectly now.  And, I'm very happy with Public.

Need Help? Let's chat.