cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 Plus is showing "No Service," with PM; works with other carriers.

karnd17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey all, 

I'm having issues with using Public Mobile's cellular network on my iPhone 8 Plus. The phone is unlocked and works with other carriers such as Bell and Rogers. However, as soon as I switch to a PM sim, it says Public Mobile for a few seconds as my cellular network, but the network disappears shortly after. It keeps saying No Service.. ARGH

Anybody ever experience something like this before and do you have any tips on how to fix it?

9 REPLIES 9

Jonaldc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello karnd17,

I have posted a possible solution at the link below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Difficulty-with-call-and-data-today-31-08...

Hope this helps!

@karnd17What I understaind is your tried a new Public Mobile SIM card in your phone. But have your activated the SIM card via activate.publicmobile.ca? If so, when you put the SIM card into other phones can you call/text/data successfully?

Because the first 5 digits of the SIM serial number is the carrier's identifier, it is possible for most phones to figure out it is a Public Mobile SIM card even without activating it and it wont' be able to do much.

@karnd17 wrote:

I've been trying to set up a new public mobile account on my iPhone 8 Plus all day, but I'm having no luck. I've tried to use my brother's sim card (he is with Bell), and it works fine. Furthermore, I've put my PM sim card into my brother's phone and his phone is able to successfully detect the network. So it's not an issue with the sim itself.

I'm really confused and not sure how to proceed. I tried to reset network settings multiple times and tried to do a full restore with no luck.

Do you have any other suggestions?

@karnd17 It's possible that you accouny has not been provisioned properly and needs to be reset by the PM moderator team. Hopefully you have already messaged them.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

karnd17

I've been trying to set up a new public mobile account on my iPhone 8 Plus all day, but I'm having no luck. I've tried to use my brother's sim card (he is with Bell), and it works fine. Furthermore, I've put my PM sim card into my brother's phone and his phone is able to successfully detect the network. So it's not an issue with the sim itself.

I'm really confused and not sure how to proceed. I tried to reset network settings multiple times and tried to do a full restore with no luck.

Do you have any other suggestions?

@karnd17 wrote:

The sim worked in my other phone. For some reason, it just doesn't work on this phone. I am going to try to reset and restore the phone I guess.

@karnd17  Try resetting the network settiings. Also while on Wi-Fi signin to your itunes account for updates.

karnd17

The sim worked in my other phone. For some reason, it just doesn't work on this phone. I am going to try to reset and restore the phone I guess.

@karnd17 

Try your PM SIM card in another phone.  To help determine whether it is a hardware issue versus PM service issue. 

Maybe try a network rest on the iphone.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@karnd17 Have you tried updating the carrier profile from settings? What about your account status? Is it active?

Need Help? Let's chat.