cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 SIM "Invalid"

mickeyjf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to switch over an iPhone 6 from another service provider. I have entered the SIM number reported by the iPhone, but the Account Setup screen reports it as "invalid". I have taken the SIM card out of the phone to verify the number.  I have had a scond pair of eyes read me back the number in both cases, and have tried both of these things several times.

Why is this obviously valid and currently working SIM number being reported as Invalid, and what do I do next?

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mickeyjf wrote:

OK, so porting the number itself does not imply that the SIM may be reused. No problem. I will get a PM SIM.

Correct. A SIM is carrier specific.

Get the SIM and then get it all set up and working and THEN port the old number. It can get messy porting during activation. Can. Would probably work perfectly fine. Just why take the chance.

mickeyjf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

OK, so porting the number itself does not imply that the SIM may be reused. No problem. I will get a PM SIM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mickeyjf wrote:

I am trying to switch over an iPhone 6 from another service provider. I have entered the SIM number reported by the iPhone, but the Account Setup screen reports it as "invalid". I have taken the SIM card out of the phone to verify the number.  I have had a scond pair of eyes read me back the number in both cases, and have tried both of these things several times.

Why is this obviously valid and currently working SIM number being reported as Invalid, and what do I do next?

There's some confusing wording in there. Are you wanting to use another service in your phone therefore using that SIM? Or do you have a Public Mobile SIM and the number on it is not going in properly?

You need a Public Mobile SIM and then enter THAT number.

You don't re-use SIM's from a different provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.