Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: iMessaging not working

Cellular: ON

Send as SMS: ON

MMS Messaging: ON

When I sent messages to another iPhone on WiFi, I still see green bubble for my texts, which means iMessage is not working.  How can I make it works so I can see blue bubble on my texts?  Thanks.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

On your iPhone.....iMessage setting.....what is your “start from” set at......a phone number or an email address?

What happens if you imessage to another phone on wifi.....but send an iMessage to an email address?

Make sure imessage is turned on by going to settings then scroll down to messages and make sure imessage is turned on. When you have wifi or data the message should go as an imessage as long as the person you are texting has wifi or data on and imessage turned on their device as well.

Latest Update under doing some more testings under WiFi:

iMessage works IF SMS/MMS are sent between 2 Public Mobile phones regardless of plans.  The outgoing messages will NOT be deducted if under $10 plan.

iMessage does NOT work when sending SMS/MMS from Public Mobile to other carriers (eg. Rogers).  It will deduct outgoing messages from $10 plan.

Found out why iMessage is not working.  For some resons, my phone number (Rogers) was de-selected under iMessage, that's why my family members (Public Mobile) are not able to send/receive iMessage from me.  I apologize for not checking the iMessage setup on my phone.  

@Lowufo wrote:

Make sure imessage is turned on by going to settings then scroll down to messages and make sure imessage is turned on. When you have wifi or data the message should go as an imessage as long as the person you are texting has wifi or data on and imessage turned on their device as well.

I had a feeling that was your issue, glad you got it working.