cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessages sent from home wifi counting toward 50 text messages

Kate23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got the basic talk/text plan for my daughter with max of 50 outgoing texts/mth. She got her iphone for her bday yesterday evenng and sent out a few text messages from home using imessage, but when I looked at her usage it showed 8/50 used.  The phone was only used last night and this morning with wifi and has not left my house.  Wanting to know what we are doing wrong becuase she will burn through her 50 messages if we can't figure this out.  I was told we  could send messages in wifi and that would not count toward the 50.

33 REPLIES 33

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Hello as stated above  it will end soon it is just the Apple servers trying to connect with your phone make sure that the number in your apple id  settings is the same as the one you are using now  if you contact the mods they will reimburse you for the texts used, just be patient it takes awhile for them to respond also watch out for outgoing texts being double charged happened to me a few times,in my opinion the 15 dollar plan with autopay 13 dollars is a much better plan with a lot less headaches good luck welcome to PM

Kate23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you I have just sent them a message.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Kate23 wrote:

Just got the basic talk/text plan for my daughter with max of 50 outgoing texts/mth. She got her iphone for her bday yesterday evenng and sent out a few text messages from home using imessage, but when I looked at her usage it showed 8/50 used.  The phone was only used last night and this morning with wifi and has not left my house.  Wanting to know what we are doing wrong becuase she will burn through her 50 messages if we can't figure this out.  I was told we  could send messages in wifi and that would not count toward the 50.

It's a known "problem" with the iphone after activation...6 around here...But it will end soon. You can reach the moderator here and they will help you https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 explain what happened tell them how you had . Waiting time is few hours to 2 days. Be patient.

Need Help? Let's chat.