cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime failed to activate

Jules99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

iMessage and FaceTime not activating. Need the ticket from public to go through so it can activate. Called apple and they said it was a carrier issue and not an apple issue. 

Public Mobile please put the ticket through to activate iMessage and FaceTime 

13 REPLIES 13

Darkwing

The problem I have with imessage and facetime not activating is apparently my iphone 4S is to old and there is not and won,t be any updates. So make sure your phone is not to old. It could be a problem

Darkwing

I am having the same issues Public Mobile is supposed to be fixing this problem. This is a problem of there,s We are hoping it will be fixed in a day or two. They screwed up a lot more than that.I am trying to get results on imessage and facetime and billing over charge,s

@jdb5624 do you have a problem? 

Post a new message here it will be easier to have answers..and give details of your problem...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/phones_and_hardware

jdb5624

iMessage and FaceTime not activating. Need the ticket from public to go through so it can activate. Called apple and they said it was a carrier issue and not an apple issue. 

Jules99

Issue is resolved. It was a carrier issue, it takes a day or two for the carrier to register the new phone ticket. 

Jules99

Tried this and didnt work

Jules99

Yes I have

Jules99

Yes I have, didnt work

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jules99 Try go to setting/messages/send & receive, then click on your apple ID to sign out, then sign back on.Also try and toggle on send as SMS.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Jules99  a écrit :

We have 7 iphones around here...and never had problem with imessage or facetime...Did you try to plug your Iphone in your computer If you have one?

@Jules99 

You may need to reset your imessage and facetime.  Try the following:

Turn cellular data and roaming ON. 

Turn Messages & Facetime OFF, and back ON in 5 minutes. This will force a reset of Apple servers to your new phone.

Correct setup for messaging: Settings >> Messages >> iMessage ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & Receive should show your phone # and Apple ID email.

Setup for Facetime also should show your phone # and Apple ID email

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jules99 wrote:

@Jules99 Have you updated your APN in your phone setting?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Jules99  Never heard of this issue before. Have you tried carrier update or network reset?

Need Help? Let's chat.