cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to transfer my phone number from publicc mobile to Chatr

liban961
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i cancel my auto pay here..and want to cancel service before aug-26-2020..

i want to transfer my phone number 438-xxx-xxxx   from public mobile to Chatr ..

i contact Chatrwireless  they told me to contact public mobile first....how to do it please answer me"?

9 REPLIES 9

@liban961 a port is the term used to transfer your number to or from Public Mobile. Stay safe..

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@liban961 

PM has port prevention setup now. 

1. You can contact moderator to get the lock removed OR

2.  wait for PM text message to confirm your port out request from Chatr.  

To port out:

1.  Keep you PM account active.

2.  Provide PM account number, name on PM account and your PM phone number to Chatr

3.  Reply any text message PM sends you to confirm port out.

liban961

what port?

why IME?   i have 3 phone  sometime i put sim card in one of 3 phone

@liban961 

@liban961 wrote:

i contact Chatr  they ask me to contact public mobile....i stop autopay here,,,do i have to remove credit cards also?

@liban961 make sure your Public account is still active to port your number remove your cc from your account to be safe 

liban961

i contact Chatr  they ask me to contact public mobile....i stop autopay here,,,do i have to remove credit cards also?

@liban961 To port from PM you need to give Chatr

1. Number to port

2. Name on accounts. 

3. One of imei number, account number or pin.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Remove your credit card and contact Chatr for porti6.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@liban961 hi if you want to transfer you rnumber to another provider you must contact them for instructions

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@liban961 Public Movile will send you a port affirmation port out text message reply yes and they will allow your port.

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.