cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i think i have been charged 3 separate charges on my CC for activating my account / getting a plan !

kaoru
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i think i have been charged 3 separate charges on my CC for activating my account ! 😱. the same charges appears 3 times in my online BMO account for my CC transactions : please advise ! i did the math on what my CC balance should be, and it appears that i have been charged 3 times, the amount of $28.74.

refund process ?

07/12/202008/12/2020KOODO TOP UP REAPPROV 866-9956636 AB$28.74
07/12/202008/12/2020PUBLIC MOBILE 855-4782542 BC$28.74
21 REPLIES 21

@kaoru 

That is very strange. You definetly need your bank to investigate those charges as your credit card may be compromised. Ask for the transaction reference # for the koodo charges so they can trace where or what they were charged for like someone elses account. Did you do your activation yourself? You may want to cancel your credit card. Bank issued credit cards can be issued and sent your bank branch in 3 business days so you would be inconvenienced for less time.

Autopay requires a credit card to be registered but you could still pay with vouchers and collect the $2 reward. Not long after I switched to public mobile I had my purse stolen. After recieving replacements and updating my card on file my roommate who i had allowed to have my card on file for his autopay reward had not yet figured out a card for his autopay......so I let him keep the now stolen and cancelled card as his autopay card. It stayed that way for the next 6 months until he finally got a koho card. He just always pays with vouchers.

If you choose to stay and cancel your credit card just register it first for autopay. You will get the $2 reward, assurance that your credit card cant be charged erroneously or fraudently (that should never happen as your account is supposed to be extremely secure.) Koodo prepaid and publuc mobile share the same back end so some kind of glitch must have happened... if this is the case make sure both pm and koodo investigate this anomaly.

@kaoru 

If you are certain KOODO falsely charged you, I would focus on the dispute of the charge(s) with your credit card provider that you have initiated.

Let us know how that works for you.

kaoru

i keep being played and pushed around by with by the PM MODs even though i told them several times that KOODO reps. keep telling me to talk to PM about it. still no refund. thieves !!!!

so while i understand your point, it is not cool that they keep making excuses for a refund.

i would rather have the refund, cancel the account and leave PM then instead now be forced to stick around until the credits dry up. i should have had a choice !

i can't even put my credit card back on my account for the auto-payment credit because i can't ever know if this won't happen again at the next billing !

also, i have never had anything negative to say about the community ! it's the billing ( or lack thereof ) and some MODs that are huge negatives for me at this point.

here is a screen shot i sent to the MODs several times !!! you can clearly see the "posted" date of the 8th, not pending. and i got charged TWICE by KOODO !

and no, the charges have not dropped off. i have requested a dispute for BMO to try to get my money back.

PM keeps saying they have only charged me once and that KOODO is their sister company... OK AND SO ???? i never authorized their 'sister' company to take more money off of my CC !!! thieves !!

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 6.33.32 AM.png

@kb_mv 

Aw shucks.....thx for making me blush! Just for you.....

Spoiler
Spoiler
IMG_20201222_090157922.jpg

@darlicious 

Spoiler
You continue to be my number 1 bomb!

@kb_mv wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@kb_mv 

Maybe try using the spoiler for large stuff?

@darlicious At the risk of sounding like a luddite (no offence intended @Luddite ) how is this used/implemented?

None taken, by me or my followers. 😀

800px-Luddite.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@kb_mv 

Lol....i'm showing you how to do something computer related?!! Will wonders never cease! Assuming you have a full tool bar at your disposal...... copy whatever you need to copy. Then wherever you want to put the spoiler click on the little triangle with an exclamation point in it. A rectangular box will open in your reply. Paste your copy in there. Your done. and post.....

Spoiler
Tada!!

@darlicious wrote:

@kb_mv 

@darlicious At the risk of sounding like a luddite (no offence intended @Luddite ) how is this used/implemented?

@kb_mv 

@darlicious wrote:

@kb_mv 

Still have **poof** the magic dragon breathing down your neck? He seems to dislike your links. What browser do you use?

@darlicious It doesn't happen as often. I have tried Brave, Chrome, Safari and Firefox. There is no difference. I think it tends to happen if I paste something large. When it starts happening I just pack up and go home, try again another day.

@kaoru 

So the "koodo" charges were not pending charges? They remain on your credit statement as posted charges? You recieved a credit to your pm account of $75 (on your account $75 would have the $11.22 in taxes as "included/assumed")? If so then koodo has credited you your first month plan amount back to you as a gesture of goodwill via pm.

So although youve had a shaky start you havent had to "pay" until your renewal as your first 30 days has been credited back to you. Pm does have its moments but when it does it makes up for them. At the same time when we as customers screw up something the moderators almost always reverse the mistake and credit it back or correct it. So theres a little give or take here......when i was with telus and they made a mistake it was a pain to get it fixed and they rarely gave any kind of credit and i was paying for premium service. At pm you get low cost plans and if they screw up they happily make up for it. Hopefully youve just got rid any bumps in the road up front.

+ You will be hard pressed to find a better community anywhere....they are awesome here.

@kb_mv 

Still have **poof** the magic dragon breathing down your neck? He seems to dislike your links. What browser do you use?

I also have noticed with extra charges questions on the community that koodo often shows up in place of public mobile as a charge even though in the end there is only one charge to public mobile. Its similar to when I used to pay for a fido bill sometimes it would show up as a rogers charge.

kaoru

Thank you... i am the only one, it seems. thank you for the reply !!

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@kaoru wrote:

i am still seeing 3 charges on my CC that have not fallen off.

i had a terrible experience as i kept being sent to KOODO by the MODs to resolve the issue and to demand a refund. on my second call with a koodo rep. i asked to speak to a supervisor. he went back and forth between me and PM.

finally he told me that he would put credits on my account at PM, to make up for the loss of $84 dollars. for a $25 plan 😞.

first, i had to get a refund for a SIM card that was never sent to me. and now, 'credits' for overcharging my account.

after i use up my credits, i will leave PM.

@kaoru You have more patience than me! If Koodo told me they would not refund my CC for charges that they had no authorization to make, I would have called my CC company and left it with them. They are pretty quick to reverse charges (when you lay out the facts) and then they take it up with the "offending" merchant.

Sorry you didn't get a better reception/experience at PM. I hope you find somewhere that fits your needs. 

kaoru

i am still seeing 3 charges on my CC that have not fallen off.

i had a terrible experience as i kept being sent to KOODO by the MODs to resolve the issue and to demand a refund. on my second call with a koodo rep. i asked to speak to a supervisor. he went back and forth between me and PM.

finally he told me that he would put credits on my account at PM, to make up for the loss of $84 dollars. for a $25 plan 😞.

first, i had to get a refund for a SIM card that was never sent to me. and now, 'credits' for overcharging my account.

after i use up my credits, i will leave PM.

kaoru

i understand your advise... ok, i will check the charges in a few days and verify all that you have informed.

i appreciate this !

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@kaoru wrote:

i see the response, thank you ! why was your response deleted ?? 😵. PM is getting annoying.

ok, so you are saying that the extra charges should fall off ? and if they don't i need to go through MODs again.

since even before activation, i have spent more time chasing down issues with PM, then actually using the service.

i appreciate your response !

@kaoru The "extra" charges should fall off, if not follow the links I gave you. The second direct message link is probably the best way to go. I have 2 accounts here, over a year and half with PM and havn't had any issues with billing or autopay or service. Stick with it, the price and rewards are worth it (to me). Welcome to PM.

kaoru

i will return to choose an "accept as solution" once i resolve this...

kaoru

i see the response, thank you ! why was your response deleted ?? 😵. PM is getting annoying.

ok, so you are saying that the extra charges should fall off ? and if they don't i need to go through MODs again.

since even before activation, i have spent more time chasing down issues with PM, then actually using the service.

i appreciate your response !

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@kaoru My reply has been delete about 5 times. Hopefully the pic below will make it.

Untitled.jpg

kaoru

1) What does your payment history show in your self serve? :

Dec 8, 2020$10 Referral Credit/Crédit de recommandation de 10 $$10.00 $12.00
Dec 7, 2020AutoPay Reward$2.00 $2.00
Dec 7, 20201GB at 3G Speed/ 1Go à la vitesse 3G $15.00$0.00
Dec 7, 202030-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$15.00
Dec 7, 2020Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$25.00 $25.00

2) On your credit card statement online are all three showing as "posted" (meaning completed) charges or under authorized?

yes, posted on the 8th. and not pending : and very bizarrely, koodoo charges from alberta ( ?? so i was told ), though i am in quebec.

3) Is this a new activation or are you a current customer?

brand new activation !

please help... 😭😓. i hope you are right and that the 2 from 'alberta' will disappear. but they were posted though. also my plan is $25.00. i guess it's 28.74 with taxes ?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@kaoru wrote:

i think i have been charged 3 separate charges on my CC for activating my account ! 😱. the same charges appears 3 times in my online BMO account for my CC transactions : please advise ! i did the math on what my CC balance should be, and it appears that i have been charged 3 times, the amount of $28.74.

refund process ?

@kaoru What does your payment history show in your self serve? On your credit card statement online are all three showing as "posted" (meaning completed) charges or under authorized? I often will see the same charges posted in both places on my card but they eventually disappear and I am left with just the one charge.

Is this a new activation or are you a current customer?

Need Help? Let's chat.