cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i think I have been subject to a port out scam

JKuisma
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have lost service on my phone a few days ago and i can see someone else is making calls and texts on it, in the activity log. How do contact a rep at public mobile to sort this out. they are using the text message to hack my accounts like Paypal.

21 REPLIES 21

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LurganIeUk wrote:

I think there are other posts here that suggest to NOT use your phone number to log onto any accounts OR for second factor log ins. 

And alter the the spelling of your name on your PM account and remember it or note it. 

Great advise!  It is very naive to do anything else then what you suggest. Any email plan allows the creation of alias emails ------- I do that with just about all my accounts even with PM. For example I have made the alias  xxxxxxxx-PM@xxxxx.com - so should I get spammed I would know from where it originated and then I would simply delete that alias and create a new one. I have traced many spam messages / advertising back to my bank accounts so it seems that they share emails with -- at least many advertisers and of course affiliated companies.

JKuisma

i'm getting a new phone this week, and i'm gonna wipe the old one. Im also thinking I should just change the number as well

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JKuisma  You've taken the right steps so far.

You'll need to get a new sim card to get your phone service working again.

You may also want to scan your devices for viruses or unknown apps lurking on your phone.

@JKuisma buying a new SIM card and switching it from within your self service account would also solve the problem. But your should still contact the moderators. Stay safe. 

Contact a moderator. 

@JKuisma change any passwords that nay have been compromised, contact the banks, credit card companies etc.Stay safe 

JKuisma

I have cancelled my credit card and contacted the bank as well.

JKuisma

the Sim numbers are different, i've suspended my service , changed my passwords and contacted a moderator, anything else I should do? If I get a new sim card would that solve the issue? is kinda of bad or is it a solution? the person who has access to my number has clearly found a way to access my paypal and is probably trying to access other things as well.

I think there are other posts here that suggest to NOT use your phone number to log onto any accounts OR for second factor log ins. 

And alter the the spelling of your name on your PM account and remember it or note it. 

For now SUSPEND your service. Something is fishy. 

And contact a mod. 

I am thinking if you have access to your account and it shows the number you expect to see, a new Sim registered in your account should work. But on the other hand wires may still remain crossed and you should contact a mod. Why spend $10 if you don't have to?

@JKuisma  contact the moderators and ask them to change it back for you. Did you place your phone on lost/ stolen to prevent them using it further? Change your password, name on your account and your secret question and the answer to it. Stay safe. 

JKuisma

can I just change the sim back to one in my phone?

JKuisma

i been with PM for over a year.

JKuisma

i haven't actually tried that yet... dont exactly want to talk to them

If you call your PM number who answers?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire
@JKuisma wrote:

I have lost service on my phone a few days ago and i can see someone else is making calls and texts on it, in the activity log. How do contact a rep at public mobile to sort this out. they are using the text message to hack my accounts like Paypal.

Go into “My Account” and suspend your account from use. Or register a new SIM card on your account. 

Have you recently signed up to PM. Or recently ported your number over. 

@JKuisma 

Theb you can try the following 

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@JKuisma  place your phone on lost/ stolen to prevent further use of the phone.

20200504_182846.jpg

Your SIM was probably swopped.  please log into your self sevice account and choose the change sim option and compare the last 4 digits to the sim card in your phone. The Sims should match.

20200723_093448.jpg

You can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

JKuisma

I'm trying that but the bot is unresponsive /unhelpful , i cant tell if it has submitted a ticket.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@JKuisma 

You will need to contact moderator immediately.  

Click on question mark on right lower corner.  Type: unauthorized port.  Follow prompts to submit ticket for moderator help.  

Need Help? Let's chat.