cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i need help plz read

dreax
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there i just ordered and received a Sim card, im looking to set up a plan on my phone, but i think i messed something up. 

When i ordered the sim card i put in some info including my phone number and email, a few emails were sent to me telling me about my order and one was to log into the account i made, when i clicked on that email it dident load properly and so i clicked on reset my password, this turned out to be a big mistake as i never was able to make a password.

Now the link to the account sends me to an error screen and i cant log in cause i never made a passowrd so its impossible to chnage it :(, what should i do? as my number is tied to this account 

13 REPLIES 13

Bubbly100
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Make sure to contact the moderator team and explain the situation so you can hopefully be able to sign up with your original email. Good luck! 

@dreax What if you try to activate your SIM card via this instead? https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

dreax

thanks for your help btw

dreax

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 8.42.52 PM.png

this is what i see when i try and log in

dreax

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 8.36.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-15 at 8.37.18 PM.png

as i said before, my email and phone number were used to create whatever was needed to get the SIM card, but an actual account was never made, but my phone number and email say they are used so i cant make a new account either...

@dreaxDo you have an active account with Public already? Public Mobile only allows 1 number / email address. Can you provider some screenshots, we can't see what you are seeing / doing so we have to rely on what you describe to us to try to understand what's going on and help you.

dreax

ah ok! but i try and make a new account and it says this number and email is already used..

@dreaxThe pruchase SIM card process is seperate from your activation process. The phone number you entered during the ordering process (can have nothing to do with the activation / actual phone number).. It is just for Canada Post to call you if something is amiss during shipping.

I got a feeling you haven't started the activation process yet. only purchased the SIM card?

dreax

but what about my phone number? and i still cant get into the account

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@dreaxThe email you used to purchase the SIM card can be different from the one you use the activate the SIM card. It is not necessary for it to be the same (eg the sceneario that a parent bought a SIM card for her kids).

Try activating it with another email.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

contact the mod_team with the problem

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dreax wrote:

Hey there i just ordered and received a Sim card, im looking to set up a plan on my phone, but i think i messed something up. 

When i ordered the sim card i put in some info including my phone number and email, a few emails were sent to me telling me about my order and one was to log into the account i made, when i clicked on that email it dident load properly and so i clicked on reset my password, this turned out to be a big mistake as i never was able to make a password.

Now the link to the account sends me to an error screen and i cant log in cause i never made a passowrd so its impossible to chnage it :(, what should i do? as my number is tied to this account 

@dreax Click here to register your selfserve account.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@dreax  you may have tried to many times give it an hour or so and try again

Need Help? Let's chat.