cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have trouble asking questions in the community?

LinuxUser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

im new to public mobile and im having trouble navigating.

does it matter under which topic i ask a question? is it like, you enter topic disscusion first and then ask a question so that that question is listed under that topic? im not sure.

9 REPLIES 9

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@LinuxUser wrote:

does it matter under which topic i ask a question? is it like, you enter topic disscusion first and then ask a question so that that question is listed under that topic? im not sure.

If you look at the list, there is a short description to help you decide which one to put your mesaage in.  Try to pick one that sounds best for question.

@jesusisgod wrote:

i have the same problem .how do u ask community questions .i know how to ask private questions 

In the "Welcome to the Community" page, scroll down past Knowledge Base until you find section similar to your concern (Getting Started.. etc). Click and start your new thread and question.

Good luck.

jesusisgod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i have the same problem .how do u ask community questions .i know how to ask private questions 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LinuxUser although the oracles can move your question to the right area, I think it'll be best to put your question in the right place to begin with.  Just scroll down to see the list of all the topic headers, and choose the topic you think your question would fit best in.  I mean if your question is related to "how plans work", then select the "Plans & Add-Ons" heading, and then once you're there select "Start Topic" located on the right side. 

Although @Dunkgirl mentioned the Oracles can move your question to the right spot for you, I still think oracles have better things to do than moving people's questions around.  I can understand if your question was a very unique one, or was loaded with a bunch of questions, but try to do it right the first time then there won't be wasted time for oracles.  I figure there's a system in place, and to keep things flowing well and seamlessly, and not be a burden, just follow the system.  

But definitely a great question because I was confused as hell when I first wanted to start a topic.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LinuxUser looks like you've got it figured out.  😉

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/when-switching-phone-numbers-can-you-...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

krzcnck
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

first question is always the hardest

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LinuxUser wrote:

@LinuxUserAnywhere is fine, as long as its not the lounge. If its not the right location its not a big deal, if it is we have lots of oracles to put it in the right spot.

This question you just asked, seems like its in the right place to me 🙂 nice work!

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Try @LinuxUser that’s the best way.. and you are right first the topic discussion and after your question... welcome !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LinuxUser wrote:

I don't think it really matters. But then I just keep refreshing the All Posts page so that then I see all new posts.

You made it. You're good.

Need Help? Let's chat.