Did you mean: 

i got a message stating that i am roaming in USA, but i never went to USA

customer22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@customer22 

To manually select your network, it may look something like this.

Follow the below steps to manually select a network on your device:

1. From the front screen, tap Apps

2. ChooseSettings

3. ChooseMobile Networks (if your device is running Android Lollipop, you will need to choose More Networks, then Mobile Networks)

4. Choose Network Operators

5. Choose the Network you would like to connect to. (Only networks available will be shown)

No, no surprise billing, this is the beauty for PM.   PM is all prepaid, you have to buy before you use.

But as @Anonymous advised, you probably want to set the network to manual and select Public Mobile.  You don't want you phone to "automatically" selected the US network because of the stronger signal.  The problem with that is once you are connected to the US network, you won't get calls or data.   You need to lock it down to the PM network.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@customer22 : No, no charges. You should set your network to manual. Don't let it automatically connect.

customer22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your reply..and i don't have U.S. roaming included as part of your plan or as and add-on.. will i be charged even then??

unfortunately I live close to border and some times my calls won't go through..how to solve this problem??

@customer22 

If you're nowhere close to the boreder, ignore the text message.  If you are near the border, the text message from Public Mobile regarding this means that you connected to a U.S.-based network.  The only way to prevent this is to manually select the Public Mobile network in your phone's setttings.   Unfortunatley, if you unintentionally connect to a U.S. network and don't have U.S. roaming included as part of your plan or as and add-on, none of your service other than incoming text messages will work.

Need Help? Let's chat.