cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transfer my old phone number to the new card

susan2veronica
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

today I have actived an phone number,now I want to transfer my original phone number to cover the new card, my original number service  comes from Kodoo. my friend told me I have to use this community to let you help me to transfer it.

I want to keep the old number.

10 REPLIES 10

@hannah_zeppelin wrote:

Hi there, I am looking to port over my current Koodo number to my new Public Mobile account. Could I please have assistance doing this? Thank you

1. To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

hannah_zeppelin

Hi there, I am looking to port over my current Koodo number to my new Public Mobile account. Could I please have assistance doing this? Thank you

Yes @iPhoneUser 

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Do you only need moderator help if your Koodo Account is prepaid?

Koodo is Telus?

I had no issues porting my Telus prepaid over to PM. I did it all online. 

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you only need moderator help if your Koodo Account is prepaid?

Koodo is Telus?

I had no issues porting my Telus prepaid over to PM. I did it all online. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brookeryter wrote:

?

@Brookeryter 

??

Brookeryter

?

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@susan2veronica 

Just keep in mind after you have ported (moved) your original number, you should be able to make calls and send texts immediately, however, you will not be able to receive calls (and possibly texts) until the process is completed within 1-3 hours.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If it's post paid.

Prepaid contact moderators with ?mark on bottom right!

Screenshot_20191223_210328.jpg

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@susan2veronica Actually you use self serve to do it. Go to selfserve.publicmobile.com, on the right you'll see the words Change Number. Select transfer number. You'll need your Koodo Account or your PIN or your IMEI (serial number) and the name on the account.

change number.png

My experience, you'll be up and running in under 5 min.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@susan2veronica Post-paid Koodo a numbers can be transferred from within your PM self-serve account from the Change Number tab.

Pre-paid must be managed by the moderators. To get a ticket: click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow/invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

Welcome aboard.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.