cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get my money back

saleena
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I registered this past sunday with public mobile, May 27. Brand new sim card, paid for a $30 plan but it would not activate my cell phone. Told me my phone would not work on the network and this is after i had checked the IMEI to see if it would. At that time it told me it probably would work on the network. Well apparently not, i had to go to Bell and activate a sim card with them and a plan. There is obviously no usage on my account and i feel i was misled and should get my money back.

12 REPLIES 12

horemansus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

1. Get Bell to unlock...

2. Hopefully youbare within the first fifteen days.. Bell is required to give a refund.

This privilege ends after 15 days

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Solo101 I'm not entirely sure I understood your post but I think you would be wise to reach out the moderator team.  Here's the why and how to do so:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Solo101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yo message me i need to task you something I hooked up this public movile and I went to put forty dollars on my planpto activate it and its sayen my plan still ends thistmonth do you know how to make surre the payment went through 

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can't get a refund on a prepaid plan.  It seems your issue is that the phone simply needs to be unlocked from Bell (Bell will do this free of charge).

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@saleena

Yes, your phone WILL work with Public Mobile, so you were not misled. But it appears that this is a phone that you acquired from Bell, and is locked to the Bell network. Bell must unlock your phone (free of charge) for it to work on other networks such as Public Mobile. 

When you entered your IMEI number to see if your phone would work with Public Mobile, you were informed that your phone is compatible with the network, which it is. Bell has your phone locked to their network, and they must set you free (unlock your phone) to allow your phone to work with Public Mobile. Carriers lock phones to their network to make it harder for a customer to leave. In this case, it worked. That's their sinister plan!!  🙂

Hopefully you'll consider getting your phone unlocked and returning to Public Mobile.

GC

It's too bad @saleena that you didn't come on here first before signing up with Bell. There are lots of knowledgeable people here like @kav2001c that could of troubleshooted the error. I too am interested in what error you received that said you couldn't join the network.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Every single phone that works with Bell works with Telus (Public)

No exceptions

@saleena what error are you seeing exactly?

Acekiller

You can't unfortunately.

@CalvinW wrote:

I called Bell the other day to unlock an old phone. They didn't charge me for the unlock code, but directed me from one department to another. I went through 5 different representatives and waited for a total of 2 hours before I got the code. Reminded me why I left in the first place. So best of luck

Complain to the CCTS.  This is in contravention to the spirit of the wireless code.  They are not supposed to give you a complementary run around and then the unlock code.

CalvinW

I called Bell the other day to unlock an old phone. They didn't charge me for the unlock code, but directed me from one department to another. I went through 5 different representatives and waited for a total of 2 hours before I got the code. Reminded me why I left in the first place. So best of luck

Sounds like you have a locked to 'Bell' network(s) phone.  This would include Lucky and Virgin Mobile.

Bell should be able to provide you with an unlock code for your phone, and when you insert your PM sim, that code will unlock it, allowing you to use your services.

Bell can not charge you for the unlock code.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If your phone works with bell it will work with Public. They share the same towers.

You can try asking the mods. But pm is a prepaid service.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.