cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to choose plan

holden2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had got my sim card! i want to active it, but  i  don't know how to choose the plan.if i choose 15/M plan,what are included in this 100minutes talk?incoming or outgoing call?and the free customer servise call example bank servise call 800..expecting a reply

thanks

7 REPLIES 7

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Just to add onto the great comments, calls are billed by the minute. 800/888 calls are free 🙂

Hi @holden2021 

If having mobile data is important to you, and 250MB per month on the $15 plan is not enough, I would recommend registering your e-mail address for the New Year's special (see Announcements for details) which includes 5 GB of add on data, BEFORE activating on the $25 plan.

Regardless of which plan you choose, you'll still get the 2nd 'month' free so it's definitely worth signing up for this promo.

If after several months you find yourself not consuming significant data, you can always reduce down to the $15 plan.   A lot of the seasoned folks on this site use this plan and simply add-on minutes or use Wi-Fi calling to supplement what it does not offer.  

@holden2021 wrote:

thank you everyone ,your reply not only made me understand the rules of use ,but also makes me feel warm again, the public community is great, choose public is a good choice.

@holden2021 well that's very nice to hear.  Welcome to Public Mobile!

holden2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you everyone ,your reply not only made me understand the rules of use ,but also makes me feel warm again, the public community is great, choose public is a good choice.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@holden2021 wrote:

I had got my sim card! i want to active it, but  i  don't know how to choose the plan.if i choose 15/M plan,what are included in this 100minutes talk?incoming or outgoing call?and the free customer servise call example bank servise call 800..expecting a reply

thanks

Go to the top of this page and click SHOP and scroll down to see the plan options that will best suit your needs...you're the only one who can determine that.

When it comes time to select a plan...go to top of this page and click Activate. You'll eventually have to decide on which plan you want. If you select the $15 plan, you'll have 100 minutes of Canada wide calling (as long as you're in Canada), you'll have unlimited in-coming calls from anywhere in the world. You'll have unlimited international texting as well you'll get 250mb of data.

Remember that your Public Mobile plans are 30 days duration...not necessarily 1 month.

If you want more talk time, you could just select the next higher option of $25. You get Unlimited Canada wide calling, Unlimited international SMS and MMS...plus you'll get 500MB + 500MB of data.

If you have a friend or family member with an existing PM account...get and use their Referal Code when you Activate your new plan. You'll get a $10 credit to your account and they'll get a $1 Refer-a-Friend Reward everytime their plan renews...as long as your plan stays active.

ALSO...be aware that there is no "number to call for customer support". It's all done here in the Community Forum...with suggestions and help-tips by the Forum members just like you and me. If you do have account related problems, then we can direct you on how to message a moderator to start the process of their assistance.

Get ready to $ave $$$.

Make sure to take advantage of the New Year / New Phone Plan promo too. You'll get 5GB of  Bonus data and your second 30 days of service are FREE...only on selected plans of $25 or higher. Have a look around.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/boxingweek

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you having trouble with the technical aspects of choosing a plan (ie. how to do it in Self Serve)? Or are you having trouble deciding on a plan that's right for you.

Either way, the answer is Self Serve. 🙂 It's easy. If you're on the $15 plan and you decide it's not right for you and you want to bump it up, you can change to a new plan at any time (though we mainly recommend to choose the option to change the plan at the next renewal; there's no proration if you change midway through your 30 days and you don't get a partial refund)

If you see a promo plan that's a good deal, you can change to that any time. You can jump around with ease. Hopefully the $15 one works for you as it is a nice deal, but know that you're not locked in if you find you need more coverage for how you use your phone.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Incoming are unlimited

Use autopay you get since data so it is virtually unlimited

World picture texts are also unlimited

Great plan

By mistake 800 are unlimited su jest for now, but you can also set free Fongo to turn your unlimited incoming into outgoing for that odd extra long call you busy have. Fongo will only use 0.07 megs let call no matter how long the call is and w autopay you get 250 negs

Extra is only 1c minute if you don't want to bother with callback.

Need Help? Let's chat.