cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change my phone company to public?

metalstone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently using freedom mobile and I want to change to public. How can I do that? Is there any fee related? Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just one more thing to think about:

Better to wait for the end of your month period in Freedom mobile. Make your transfer 2-3 days prior your plan cycle restart (just to have some time in case of any transfer problems).

It sounds as though most Walmart's will give you the SIM card for free if you let them do the activation which simplifies the process for you. London Drigs May match that if you are in one of the four western provinces and generally new customers seem happier with LD than Wal-Mart. You can still use your referral code if a dealer does the activation for you, just remember to mention that you have one to them. Finally... you might want to watch fir a new customer promo here and switch then. Promos come around fairly often.

AE_Collector

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@metalstone wrote:

I am currently using freedom mobile and I want to change to public. How can I do that? Is there any fee related? Thank you!

@metalstone Hello,

First, you will need to get a Public Mobile Sim card. There are a few options to buy one.

1) You can order it online from Here.

2) Easier to just go to Walmart or London drugs and pick up a sim card. Do the activation yourself when you get home and don't forget to enter a referral code to receive a $10 bonus.

If you are going to be keeping the phone number you have with Freedom Mobile.

I recommend before switching/porting your phone number read  THIS  article so you won't run into any problems. 

Hope this helps

Cheers

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@metalstone wrote:

@metalstone Hello,

First, you will need to get a Public Mobile Sim card. There are a few options to buy one.

1) You can order it online from Here.

2) Easier to just go to Walmart or London drugs and pick up a sim card. Do the activation yourself when you get home and don't forget to enter a referral code to receive a $10 bonus.

If you are going to be keeping the phone number you have with Freedom Mobile.

I recommend before switching/porting your phone number read this article so you won't run into any problems. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat... 

Hope this helps

Cheers

@metalstone wrote:

If you are coming from a postpaid Freedom Mobile account, one thing to get use to will be that you need to pay for the new plan at Public Mobile immediately.

If you decided to transfer to your number from Freedom to Public, remember to include the DBC part as part of your acccount number as that part is required.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@metalstone  Click below for all that is needed.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@metalstone wrote:

There are no fees.  You will be required to purchase a new PM sim card.  Everything you are going to need to know is  here   Remember when you sign up to use a referral code to earn a $10 credit which will cover the cost of the sim card!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You should buy sim card. No other fees. In some stores sim card could be free. I think, the easiest way but not the fastest - buying it on amazon.

After that you should register your sim and transfer your number (if you want). It is free, you pay only for your plan.

@metalstone wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.