cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to active my SIM card after I typed a wrong account number ?

wangtianwy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I active my SIM card,but I put a wrong account number.so it showed me that is wrong number.but I couldnot active again.what can I do next?

10 REPLIES 10

art2022

Sorry that should read " I have the same problem".

art2022

I have the aamw problem.  Typed in the wrong IMEI number while activating the new sim card.  I got a text measage saying they knew the number was wrong and they'd call.  Now nothing.  I have my old sim card in.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@wangtianwy 

When you contact the moderator, make sure you have your old SIM in the phone so you can confirm that you are porting over your old number with PM. You will get a SMS text and you will need to click YES to confirm you are porting over. You have a 90 minute window to respond to the text.

Power off the phone then swap the SIM and power back up the phone.

@wangtianwy wrote:

yes I received the message.but I could not active again

You can't activate using that SIM card again because you already have already opened an account with Public Mobile.  Please open a ticket by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html .  You'll need to provide the moderator with the corrected account number for your old carrier.  It's possible that you might get answer from a Public Mobile moderator before anyone at the Telus porting team can help you.  You'll need to re-insert your old carrier's SIM card to repspond to a text message to approve the transfer.

you account is activated, just that the number is not ported.  

you can try to call the porting team to see if they will update the information.  If not, you might need to open a proper ticket with mod to get this sorted out

wangtianwy

yes I received the message.but I could not active again

@wangtianwy   I have private messaged you.  Please check your Community inbox.

It might be a bit late to call now.  You might want to call tomorrow morning instead.

@wangtianwy wrote:

I active my SIM card,but I put a wrong account number.so it showed me that is wrong number.but I couldnot active again.what can I do next?

When typing in the wrong account number for porting a number to Public Mobile, that error would would only be notified of that after your Public Mobile account has already been activated. This means that if your Public Mobile account activation activation was completed, you wouldn't try to activate again, but would rather need to correct the issue associated with the number porting.  Did you receive a text message from Public Mobile informaiton you that the account number for your old carrier's account was wrong?

wangtianwy

yes,what is the number I can call? thanks

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@wangtianwy  are you talking about you typed in a wrong account number for Porting request ?  If so, let us know , there is a number you can call for porting status and they will advise what to do if a wrong account number was entered

Need Help? Let's chat.