cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to activate my new SIM card

frank882100
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am  monthy pay  client of  Publice Mobile already,  my old phone damaged.  I just buy a new phone and  one new SIM card.  how to activate my new SIM card ? I  enter my  current  cellphone no.  but  system shows my phone NO.  not available ?  I  have paid this month( Dec.2019)  .  how to link my account without repayment ?

I  can not call or receive text as old phone/ SIM not work any more.   my email:  ********@gmail.com.   thanks . 

EDITED by ShawnC13 to remove email

14 REPLIES 14

Stay Safe!

Stay Safe!

Maggilynnd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you register for an account you'll have to enter in the tiny digits on your sim card as you're setting up your plan/account, if it that doesnt work just call in for support! I had to order a sim card based on the plan I was going to be using, amazon has them for 10$ next day delivery if you're a prime member too!

frank882100

my phone with new sim card  works now .   your solution is great helpful.  

thank you very much.   

@frank882100  If you are having issue with your selfserve Maybe ask the moderator to change the sim number. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

frank882100

thank you very much. 

I will try  click here to private message a Moderator,   

I am a new for this community,  not try to use  service of  Moderator ,  who is  person like CS ?  I  feel  it is very hard when  getting some issues.  

anyway,  thank you very much.

@frank882100 wrote:

the old SIM card can not be taken out.  so  I bought a  new sim card today .   but  activating not go forward.  as entering my cellphone NO.  system said,  the No is not available.  my cell NO has registered  in Public.  how can I do ?

@frank882100  You don't need to activate the new sim. You need to access your selfserve account online and on the first screen there is an option called change sim card. Select that option and enter the new sim card number that is printed on the card.

If you already activated the new card by mistake then you need to purchase a new sim card and do the change sim card as described above.

Have you been here:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/change-sim-card/

I believe you just enter the new SIM card # and go. Is this not working for you?

frank882100

the old SIM card can not be taken out.  so  I bought a  new sim card today .   but  activating not go forward.  as entering my cellphone NO.  system said,  the No is not available.  my cell NO has registered  in Public.  how can I do ?

@frank882100  Just take out your old sim and put it in your new phone. PM sim cards are 3 in 1 punchout cards so you can make it smaller if you new phone takes a nano sim.

Or make it bigger, if necessary, by using the previously punched-out portion as an adapter. Smiley Happy

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CannonFodder wrote:

Unless I misunderstood something in the 1st post here, I'm left wondering why you didn't simply take the SIM card out of the damaged phone, and put it in the new phone..... Smiley Surprised

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@frank882100 wrote:

I am  monthy pay  client of  Publice Mobile already,  my old phone damaged.  I just buy a new phone and  one new SIM card.  how to activate my new SIM card ? I  enter my  current  cellphone no.  but  system shows my phone NO.  not available ?  I  have paid this month( Dec.2019)  .  how to link my account without repayment ?

I  can not call or receive text as old phone/ SIM not work any more.   my email:  ********@gmail.com.   thanks . 

@frank882100  Just take out your old sim and put it in your new phone. PM sim cards are 3 in 1 punchout cards so you can make it smaller if you new phone takes a nano sim.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Unless I misunderstood something in the 1st post here, I'm left wondering why you didn't simply take the SIM card out of the damaged phone, and put it in the new phone..... Smiley Surprised

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@frank882100 wrote:

You will need to log into your self serve and on the overview page on the right hand side you can click on change sim there you can enter in your new sim card number

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.