cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to Blacklist my phone, I lost it April 21, 2021

Gerrah9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For  last two days (wednesday and thursday) the thief turned off the cell phone power . When I call it goes to voice mail msg until now.

The location on my phone was turned off, but wifi is online since 2:30pm today April 21, battery is 46%. Is there anyway the cellphone provider can blacklist my phone or locate location?

SD memory card has over 3000 pictures and videos and info, no backup files.

15 REPLIES 15

@Gerrah9 

BTW... you can still access your voicemail while in lost/stolen mode. When you call your number from another phone and your message starts press "*" and enter your voicemail pin#. You then have full access to your voicemail.

@LurganIeUk 

Once blacklisted the phone is useless in this country. A google locked phone can be unlocked by any half decent technician for $40 to $100 at your local mall. Appealing to the "good samaritan" with a reward or tracing the IP address is the only way to recovery.  But if @Gerrah9 is anything like me when I accidently left my camera in a cab.....its not the device its the sd card that holds all the value.

I would suspend service first. 

Secondly register a new SIM for your account. Then remove the suspend. 

That will kill the use of the SIM card in your lost/stolen phone. 

Then if it does show up then put the new SIM in. 

And in between use a spare phone, if you have access to one, with the new SIM. 

Then decide when to Blacklist. 

The only thing I can't confirm...if you black list does it have to have a working SIM in it?

Gerrah9

thanks

@Gerrah9 

do you still have the original box the phone came with?

there is an IMEI number on the box. contact customer support mods and ask them to blacklist your phone.

unfortunately the pictures are gone. the thief will most likely have access to those and anything else on the SD card. maybe they don't know about the SD card...

Gerrah9

I forgot to turn on my location when i went out, but the wifi is on. As soon as my phone was lost the thief turned the power off. kept getting voicemail when calling my phone.

today from 2:50pm until now the wifi  is online, but location turned off, 46% battery.

Under my google history i  can switch the off location history to On, but still no access to location on google find my device. i can ring it and the thief kept turning the sound off.

when clicking to set up secure and erase,  it  says notification sent. I dont know if it's secured.

I left at 1:30pm so google time line says last seen april 21 at 1:47pm.

yes I just suspended my phone yesterday because the power was shut off for two days.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Blacklisting unfortunately will not get you much beside satisfaction that nobody will be able to use it. Unless 'finder' returns it to you, you lost it. 😞

@Camera4617 

Thanks for catching the SD card in the phone. 👍

Gerrah9

samsung, and don't see any photos on my google account

i heard of samsung account yesterday, so created a samsung account after i lost my phone because i thought i can access it. tt's too late to reset to factory default.

yes went to selfserve and suspended my phone yesterday.

thanks

@Gerrah9 

To blacklist your phone you must contact the moderators. It will take up to 48 hours to take affect. Do this as a last resort when all hope of recovery is lost.

@Gerrah9 

Do you not have "find my phone" enabled in your phone? Have you tried looking at your google timeline? You can also try locating it by the wifi IP address that its connected to.....but if you suspend your service via lost/stolen you will lose any connection your phone has to its service and may inhibit you from trying to locate it.

You can try texting and offering a reward for its return or even just the return of the sd card. Play it as they are not the thief but the good samaritan that found your phone that you will reward handsomely....... stealing your phone back at handover is perfectly legal but you must be very careful how you decide to obtain your phone if possible. Offering a reward higher than the resale value of a stolen google locked phone that could then be blacklisted should get you somewhere.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Gerrah9 

Is it an iPhone or Android phone?

If you have the Google Photo, you can access it on your desktop.

If it is a Samsung phone, you can reset to factory default remotely on your Samsung account.

If it is an iPhone, it will need your Apple

password for phone to work and will be blacklisted.

As noted by @esjliv, you can go on your PM self serve account to suspend your PM account.

@BKNS27 As soon as OP said 'SD Card' that excludes iPhone. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Gerrah9 

Is it an iPhone or Android phone?

If you have the Google Photo, you can access it on your desktop.

If it is a Samsung phone, you can reset to factory default remotely on your Samsung account.

If it is an iPhone, it will need your Apple

password for phone to work and will be blacklisted.

As noted by @esjliv, you can go on your PM self serve account to suspend your PM account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Gerrah9 ensure to report your phone lost/stolen until you can obtain a new SIM and phone to transfer your number and account over to it.

1. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  2. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  3. Select "Suspend Service" Button

FYI - to swap SIM card numbers, you will need Moderators to do this for you.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Gerrah9 wrote:

For  last two days (wednesday and thursday) the thief turned off the cell phone power . When I call it goes to voice mail msg until now.

The location on my phone was turned off, but wifi is online since 2:30pm today April 21, battery is 46%. Is there anyway the cellphone provider can blacklist my phone or locate location?

SD memory card has over 3000 pictures and videos and info, no backup files.

@Gerrah9 Sorry to hear this.

Ask the Moderators for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.