cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long to port #?

bjstvs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can make outgoing calls but cannot receive calls?

3 REPLIES 3

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bjstvs Are you porting from another mobile number or a landline? According to the CWTA, it should take up to 2.5 business hours if you're porting from another wireless provider. If you're porting from a landline number, it should take up to 2 days (click here for reference).

Based on personal experience, I ported from a Telus number and it was almost instant.

Good luck, and hope this helps!

@bjstvs wrote:

Depends on the carrier but as Roberts said, usually it's done within a few hours.  I know that ports from Freedom Mobile usually seem to take exactly from the time of the welcome/activation e-mail message.  Phone numbers attached to landlines will take longer.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@bjstvs wrote:

@bjstvs

If you just ported, this is normal, it takes some time, depends where you ported from and what kind of number, mobile, land line, voip extra. Usually a couple hours to a couple days.Try restartg every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.

If the issue continues you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message

Need Help? Let's chat.