cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how is public mobile signal in Banff National Park?

ben2018
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just wondering how is public mobile signal in Banff National Park and Jasper National Park?

10 REPLIES 10

ben2018

thanks a lot for your informaiton

@ben2018   Good you got the solution from @Tony8  I just wanted to add that a family member visiting Banff right now in the resort town is receiving good reception on their cell phone.  They are with Telus (not PM), obviously same network.

ben2018

thanks for your experience

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, Public Mobile is on the Telus network. I live near Jasper, on Hwy 16 from the BC/AB border to Jasper and to the east boundary you have signal, with a few dead spots. On Hwy 93 south you lose signal about 20-30 km south of Jasper, no signal until Lake Louise.

https://www.telus.com/en/ab/mobility/network/coverage-map

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@ben2018 wrote:

Just wondering how is public mobile signal in Banff National Park and Jasper National Park?

Anywhere there are lots of trees, signal will be very weak, especially in national park. Don't count on it working.

ben2018

My wife uses FIDO, it has signal in the park. But I began to use Public Mobile since last Dec., having no experience in Park yet.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ben2018 wrote:

@ben2018 I think most of the communication companies could be reached within a national park. However, sometimes you may be able to catch the signal in an open area. . 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@ben2018 I think you can get a signal on the main highway that goes through, but in the park itself I don't think they are allowed to build a tower, so no coverage from any company.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire
@ben2018  "No coverage currently available."

nocov.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ben2018 wrote:

The coverage map link is down at the bottom of this page.

Need Help? Let's chat.