cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I know or check when or if the incoming calls stopped ringing on Pixel?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday night I turned the power off and shut down the phone for the night.

In the morning I restarted it and made a few calls during the day.

In the evening I figured out that all incoming calls did not ring the whole day going straight to voicemail !!!!!

Terrible!!!!

I restarted the phone and incoming calls began to ring...

Is there a way to check if the phone is getting the incoming calls without asking somebody else to call me?

Is there a tool, or app, or service, or setting on the google pixel phone or on publicmobile.ca letting users to know that incoming calls do not ring when they should or go to voicemail  when they should NOT?

Or can I somehow call from my phone to my phone? To see if it gets incoming calls and rings.

10 REPLIES 10

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Google Hangouts Dialer is free. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you all for trying to help.

I did not check other ways you offered to get a call to my own number because I've found a free and very simple one myself.

https://www.wakeupdialer.com/

I am sure there are many more of similar apps or services out there.

thank you

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@234876 wrote:

Yesterday night I turned the power off and shut down the phone for the night.

In the morning I restarted it and made a few calls during the day.

In the evening I figured out that all incoming calls did not ring the whole day going straight to voicemail !!!!!

Terrible!!!!

I restarted the phone and incoming calls began to ring...

Is there a way to check if the phone is getting the incoming calls without asking somebody else to call me?

Is there a tool, or app, or service, or setting on the google pixel phone or on publicmobile.ca letting users to know that incoming calls do not ring when they should or go to voicemail  when they should NOT?

Or can I somehow call from my phone to my phone? To see if it gets incoming calls and rings.

Could you have turned the volume down and accidentaly turned on Do Not Disturb?  I don't have a Pixel but I have done it on my Essential 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

So many apps out there, ad supported and paid.

@stonechucker wrote:

TextNow is free for both calling and texting.

Textnow is indeed, but not textplus 😞 so much bloat ads

TextNow is free for both calling and texting.

@MacMe wrote:

You could install an app like textPlus, which allows you to make free phone calls.  Then you can just call your phone from it.

Textplus charges you to make calls, 2 cents per minute local. However they do give you free SMS/MMS

Screenshot_textPlus_20180806-003250.jpg

@234876Fongo on the other hand lets you make free calls (but charge you to use SMS lol)

Sorry, but there is no way to test if incoming calls are working at any given moment other than to give the phone number a call.

You could possibly know when there is a missed call by going into your self-serve usage history.  However, unlike another carier that I know (Freedom Mobile), Public Mobile does not record the phone number in the usage history of the person calling you when your phone is off.  It will only show a forwarded call to the voicemail deposit number with no clue about who did try to call.

If a person thought that you knowing that he or she called, I would imagine that person would leave you a voicemail message.  Short of that, there is no way to know the person called, short of asking that person.

For notification of a missed call for which the caller doesn't leave you a voice message, unfortunately, you'd have to be subsribed to Freedom, Rogers, or Fido.  Those companies send a text message to inform you as such.

A call failing to ring on your end really could be anything from phone being turned off, temporary network problem, account issue, phone setting (eg. DND mode),  etc.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

There is no way to test other than calling your number. If sometimes calls go through and sometimes don't, i suspect there is something wrong with your phone/sim/account. To narrow it down, you can try another phone/sim to eliminate phone/sim issue. If you figure it's account related issue, then you will need to contact the mod team to get it looked up. 

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You could install an app like textPlus, which allows you to make free phone calls.  Then you can just call your phone from it.

Need Help? Let's chat.