cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I know my porting has done form FREEDOM?

wenping
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how do I know my porting has done form FREEDOM? I has asked a port on my Public Account.

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@wenping  Your freedom sim will stop working when the port has completed and the number has been released to Public.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @wenping,

Please reach out to the Moderators using our virtual assistant to check the porting status if this was done more than 2.5h ago. Also try a powercycle (turn phone off and on) and check if you can receive calls.
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help

Have a great day,

Camelia_M

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Always continue to use the old service until it stops.  That's when porting is complete.  This method applies to all porting situations.

@wenping wrote:

how do I know my porting has done form FREEDOM? I has asked a port on my Public Account.

In addition to darlicious's information, you'll also recive a text message from Public Mobile (only if the Public Mobile sim card is in a compatable phone) telling you that the transfer is complete. Your Freedom sim card/service will stop working at this time as well.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wenping  When all your services are working. The last one to work will be your incoming calls. Once you can recieve them your porting is complete.

Need Help? Let's chat.