cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I complete activation?

elhota
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just opened an account and received a text that says to go to publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form.  I cannot find the Contact us in the website.  Where is this located?

Right now I can dial out but I do not receive any incoming calls.

Do I need to complete this SIM & Activation online form?  How do I do this?

7 REPLIES 7

elhota

Great, good to know. Thanks!

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elhota wrote:

Yes, I activated online.  It ported over to Public around 17 hours after submitting the online application.  All's well now. I chose the $15/month plan.  Do you know what the charges are if I exceed 100 minutes per month talk time?

$0.00.  Once you use up 100 minutes, you can't make any further calls. You can purchase a talk add-on for additional minutes,or renew your plan early - you'll have to contact the moderators to renew a plan early.  

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elhota wrote:

Yes, I activated online.  It ported over to Public around 17 hours after submitting the online application.  All's well now. I chose the $15/month plan.  Do you know what the charges are if I exceed 100 minutes per month talk time?

@elhota 

No xtra charges...once minuites are gone they are gone...but you can always buy a talk addon if you need more minutes.

elhota

@elhota wrote:

I just opened an account and received a text that says to go to publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form.  I cannot find the Contact us in the website.  Where is this located?

This text message is sent out to customers who have requested a number to be transfered to Public Mobile whenever the phone number portability requested has failed.

First off, there is no such form to use.  The only way for you to contact Public Mobile is by sending a private messaage to the moderators by clicking here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Most of the time for porting a number, you should only be using just the account number.  If by some chance you are coming from Speakout or Petro Canada Mobility, you'll need the IMEI number on file with them.  Otherwise, stick to just the older carrier's account number and provide that to the Public Mobile moderators along with the phone number that you wish to transfer to Public as well as the person's name who is attached to the old carrier's account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@elhota wrote:

It sounds like you got activated in a store. Then the system instructed you to come here. I can see why you might be confused.

In the upper right of this page is an orange link saying My Account. Click on that and on the right side you can go about setting up the self-serve account.

But maybe you just have a new SIM and are wondering what to do with it. Let us know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @elhota Did you activate on-line (yourself), or did you do it in store?  Did you ask for a number transfer (port) during activation?  Was there any sort of error during activation?

If you asked for a number transfer, and are able to call out, then your number transfer has not yet completed.  Your old SIM card should still allow you to make/receive calls on your old number.  BTW, what plan did you take?

Need Help? Let's chat.