cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I ask a question, tag moderators? I don't understand any of the information Simon provides

swhite18
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't understand how to do anything on this community.  I just want to ask a question and get an answer. I have tried to add tags but it shows nothing, I have tried to use SIMON but that just directs me back to all the community pages that I don't understand how to use.  I don't think Public Mobile is right for me.... I don't find any of this easy.  I don't understand how you send a private message, how you tag a moderator or how you get an answer to anything. @CS_Agent

33 REPLIES 33

ShaunClements
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

https site responds as invalid parameter message

ShaunClements

Thank you (finally found how to get to replies). First time using this sight(extreme novice), you provided what I needed to know.

Also, most plans that state "states free US texts" is actually free text TO the US, the implication being FROM Canada or WHILE you are in Canada.

I think the only exception might be the new very temporary offer to FREEDOM customers which IIRC offerred free roaming in the US.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShaunClements wrote:

Recently joined, contract states free US texts, yet when airplane mode tuned off in Hawaii upon landing received a text from public mobility directing me to purchase US roaming for $10. Immediately went back to airplane mode for trip duration and no charges seem to have been incured. What gives? Do I need to purchase roaming or do I get free texting in USA? 

@ShaunClements PM is entirely pre-paid, and there are no pay-per-use charges, including for roaming.  Officially, you will get no service in the USA without purchasing 1 or more US Roaming add-ons (see here for more info https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/U-S-Roaming/ta-p/307883). 

Had you left airplane mode off, you would not have returned home to any charges, as you would not have gotten any incoming calls (they would go straight to voicemail), would not have been able to make any outgoing calls, send any texts, or use any mobile data (WiFi of course is an option).  The only exception is incoming texts, which you would have received and not been charged for. You would not have been able to reply, by you would have been able to receive them.

I hope you had a nice vacation in Hawaii!  I'm itching to go back there too.  😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShaunClements

Recently joined, contract states free US texts, yet when airplane mode tuned off in Hawaii upon landing received a text from public mobility directing me to purchase US roaming for $10. Immediately went back to airplane mode for trip duration and no charges seem to have been incured. What gives? Do I need to purchase roaming or do I get free texting in USA? 

Glad you've found solution. Take some time and look around the PM site to familiarize in case of future problems. Also...to offer solutions to others in similar situations as yours. Welcome aboard.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@radpro wrote:

ok found a solution. report phone stolen / restore.  so the frustration comes from not knowing how to use public mobiles interface , while also not knowing how to fix the phone. the interface looks simple enough, however finding the right answer can be difficult.

@radpro

Good you found a solution...being new to PM , you should flip thru the knowledge base..most info can be found there..

radpro

ok found a solution. report phone stolen / restore.  so the frustration comes from not knowing how to use public mobiles interface , while also not knowing how to fix the phone. the interface looks simple enough, however finding the right answer can be difficult.

Hang in there...we'll see if we can't fix things togeather . What are the details of your problem ? Is your phone new or have you used it with a different provider in the past ?

radpro

I cant even figure out how to create an original post. my phone account is not working and this is so difficult to use to get help I am seriously considering quitting public mobile

You should be provided with a receipt with the number printed on it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@debbiedo wrote:

So I just bought a 40 dollar renewal voucher and can’t find the 12 digit PIN number 

Did you get it from recharge.com? It should have delivered to an email address.

debbiedo

Waiting 

debbiedo

So I just bought a 40 dollar renewal voucher and can’t find the 12 digit PIN number 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@debbiedo after topping up should your service still not work try the lost stolen trick.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@debbiedo wrote:

Ok thank you , will try that 

@debbiedo

Or try a manual payment with another credit card.

Just to get going. Then we can try to figure out why it didn't work.

debbiedo

Ok thank you , will try that 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@debbiedo wrote:

Can’t activate my phone , auto renew failed

@debbiedo

You can buy a voucher online at recharge.com or in many stores and renew to get going. Then figure out why the autopay didn't work.

debbiedo

Can’t activate my phone , auto renew failed

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@drmartin wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Maruseru wrote:

@CS_Agent - tagging moderators

I have tagged moderators several times in the forum and they never have replied to a single post. They only seem to be replying to PMs. Otherwise, it seems they have abandoned responding to forum posts. 😕

When they have a week-long queue of private messages it's kind of hard for them to reply to tags. 😞

Yes, very sad in so many ways...

So to any reading this, be aware to not expect a reply from a mod in the forum AT ALL. They seem to have abandoned one of the only 2 lines of communication they have set up. And the only one left, private messages, has a very long wait time... And this is NOT new... this has been going on for at least several weeks.

Occasionally they pop into a thread though. 🙂  It's just rare.  If they pop into this thread, run out and buy a LottoMAX. xD

@drmartin wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Maruseru wrote:

I have tagged moderators several times in the forum and they never have replied to a single post. They only seem to be replying to PMs. Otherwise, it seems they have abandoned responding to forum posts. 😕

When they have a week-long queue of private messages it's kind of hard for them to reply to tags. 😞

Yes, very sad in so many ways...

So to any reading this, be aware to not expect a reply from a mod in the forum AT ALL. They seem to have abandoned one of the only 2 lines of communication they have set up. And the only one left, private messages, has a very long wait time... And this is NOT new... this has been going on for at least several weeks.

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Maruseru wrote:

@Maruseru wrote:

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @neeno,

thanks for getting in touch with us!

This is confirmation that we've received your message - please expect a reply shortly.

Kind regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

neeno

Thanks Dunkman-I should stop reposting-but i want my phone to work too.

@neeno

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Unfortunately, the wait times for moderators are at least 1-2 days.  Try not to submit multiple requests as that extends your response time.  According to moderators, each time you send a new request, your original request get put at the end of the line again.  

neeno

Hi,  I have sent private messages for my porting issues and have yet to hear back.It is getting very frustrating.

Maruseru

Maruseru

guys the private message link does not seem to work?

when I click on it, i get this screenshot (see attached)private messages screenshot.png

mrpita

I cannot add a payment voucher to my son's phone . I have tried numerous times. Please help

Need Help? Let's chat.