cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcos12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

home phone service

When and will PM offer home phone service, be it VOIP or cell, in the near future?

so far I am pretty satisfied with the cell service as it other  beats all the Canadian carrier on price and service.

Accepted Solutions
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: home phone service

@marcos12 wrote:

When and will PM offer home phone service, be it VOIP or cell, in the near future?

so far I am pretty satisfied with the cell service as it other  beats all the Canadian carrier on price and service.

Get one of those wireless home phone devices and stick a PM SIM in and voila one home service. WF721

View solution in original post

All Replies
kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@marcos12 wrote:

@marcos12 Why not use your cell as a home phone? That's what I do. Haven't had a wired home phone in years.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@marcos12 wrote:

Get one of those wireless home phone devices and stick a PM SIM in and voila one home service. WF721

View solution in original post

softech
Mayor / Maire

I guess won't be soon..  i don't see Lucky or Chatr is offering that, too

maybe you should consider open a new Mobile line for home use?  Then get a Panasonic Bluetooth cordless phones that can connect to the mobile and run it that way?  

marcos12

It is more of an inconvenience for me.

living in a household where other family members need to answer the phone, so I would need multiple phones set up instead of 1 cell phone laying around and everyone rushing to answer it, depending where it is in the house.

I agree with your solution if only 1 or 2 people live in the house.thanks.

marcos12

public Mobile could be the leader in this . 🙂 and grab share of this market early on.

I actually tried your solution but I ended up having to continuously charge the cell phone. The Panasonic is continuously on the charger but a cell phone, not practical.

Thanks though for the idea.

will13am
Oracle

@marcos12 , the sister brand Koodo already offers an unbeatable wireless home phone service ($5 per month for first year).  I cannot see the point of Public Mobile getting into the game.  

marcos12

this sound like an acceptable solution. I will look into it.

But since I wont be using data, I dont think PM has a plan for unlimited incoming and outgoing voice only. maybe I am mistaken.

Also will PM transfer my landline number to a SIM?

@marcos12 wrote:

It is more of an inconvenience for me.

living in a household where other family members need to answer the phone, so I would need multiple phones set up instead of 1 cell phone laying around and everyone rushing to answer it, depending where it is in the house.

I agree with your solution if only 1 or 2 people live in the house.thanks.

Some of the bluetooh device options have multiple handset products available.  Only the main base needs to be connected by bluetooth to your cell phone. 

As for home phone adapters, those work by inserting your SIM card into the device. They work best by connecting them near where the phone wiring enters the premises. That way,  most or even all of the house's wiring can be connected to the home device by a standard telephone cable. That way, all of the premise's regular telephones will work as they normally do.

will13am
Oracle

@marcos12 wrote:

this sound like an acceptable solution. I will look into it.

But since I wont be using data, I dont think PM has a plan for unlimited incoming and outgoing voice only. maybe I am mistaken.

Also will PM transfer my landline number to a SIM?

You can transfer landline numbers.  They take a little longer to transfer.  

For the most part, the Public Mobile plans are designed around mobile device usage.  That why the $15 plan includes unlimited text and not unlimited minutes.  As I mentioned already, the sister brand Koodo offers a wireless home phone solution that is $5 per month with unlimited Canada wide calling with all the typical call features.  This deal is unbeatable.  Anyone asking me about home phone service, this is my answer.  

Need Help? Let's chat.