cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help! can not receive incoming calls/message

lxzxd168
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I switched my number from ItalkBB to PM Last night and found i can not receive incoming calls or message ~ i did try to make calls out and it seems works fine.

I sent private message to the mederators but received no reponse yet ... and it still not working...it's almost 24hrs now....

Please any one can help? Maybe ItalkBB number is considered landline number and need more work? I did talk to the ItalkBB guys and was told to contact PM....any body can provide a phone number of  that I can talk to someone?

I appreciate your help in advance.

thanks... Sheldon

16 REPLIES 16

dkar1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have exact same problem even if i ported from another mobile carier and store person confirmed my porting that happened in 15 min... there must be something that PM has to do to complete the porting process and it is pending. This is real frustrating.

lxzxd168

It.works now~like other people have said~just need more time for a voip/internet based number...thanks.

lxzxd168

Thanks everyone help me in replying my question..my number works now~ as many had mentioned in this thread, ItalkBB is kind of Voip service so it does take longer for porting: I started in the evening January 4th and it could only dial out but could not receive incoming calls/message until this morning (Jan 9th). So yes, it's 5 days or about a week.

Also I did receive response from one moderator, butnot quite soon (i sent private message on 4th and received his response yesterday (8th)~maybe just because of the weekend that caused a little bit delay.

Anyway, things go well now. I would like to say so far, so good! Will try to enjoy PM!

Hope my experience will calm down more who want to port from voip providers....

Thank you all!

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is a porting department that takes care of the port. (There is one for Koodo) 😉

Mods probably won’t see these posts. 

lxzxd168

I think once the moderator review my messages, they should make sure things done on PM side....then, it would be some workbon the other side. Hopefully i cam hear fr them soon.

TMS

If no FOC yet, ItalkBB is waiting on Public Mobile to respond to tell them that specific date for the port.  

lxzxd168

Thanks again~i did talk to them but had no idea about the FOC date then ~to be honest, just googled to know what it means....thank you will call them tomorrow.

TMS

Sit tight! 🙂 A week should do it. 

Ask your Voip company what the  “FOC date” is?

lxzxd168

@TMS wrote:

@lxzxd168 wrote:

Hello,

I switched my number from ItalkBB to PM Last night and found i can not receive incoming calls or message ~ i did try to make calls out and it seems works fine.

I sent private message to the mederators but received no reponse yet ... and it still not working...it's almost 24hrs now....

Please any one can help? Maybe ItalkBB number is considered landline number and need more work? I did talk to the ItalkBB guys and was told to contact PM....any body can provide a phone number of  that I can talk to someone?

thanks... Sheldon

All is well! The same thing happened to me when porting from VoIP.ms. I too could only dial out. Within five business days I was up and going with the great network that PM is. 🙂 

Thanks for your reply...like others replied, sounds like i just need to wait~ did you do anything like phone either party or receive any phone /messages communication from your old provider?

Thanks...

lxzxd168

Make sense, thanks. I did phone ItalkBB and aske them about~was told that they would cooperate if the request received but it looks as normal when i phomed...

Maybe I just need to wait really a week:(

Thanks for your kind help/reply...

TMS

A temporary outgoing number has been assigned to your account/SIM card. Similar to how a DID works for VoIP.

Incoming calls will route to your ”internet based” VoIP provider until the port is complete. 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Does your voip number still receive calls? It should until the port is complete.

lxzxd168

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@lxzxd168, there is no number to call for service.  The only way of contact is a private message which it sounds like you have done.  Unfortunately response time seems to be 48 hours or more.  IF this is a VOIP number it can take upto 5-7 days to complete the port.  

Thank you very much Shawn for your kind reply.....maybe ItalkBB belongs to voip phone~it's internet based. But just wonder i can make calls out but can not receive...if there's no number to call, sounds like the only thing for me now is to wait, either.from the moderator or hopefully, it will work soon.

Again, thank you.

TMS

@lxzxd168 wrote:

Hello,

thanks... Sheldon

All is well! The same thing happened to me when porting from VoIP.ms. I too could only dial out. Within five business days I was up and going with the great network that PM is. 🙂 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@lxzxd168, there is no number to call for service.  The only way of contact is a private message which it sounds like you have done.  Unfortunately response time seems to be 48 hours or more.  IF this is a VOIP number it can take upto 5-7 days to complete the port.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lxzxd168 wrote:

Hello,

thanks... Sheldon

It takes upto 1 week to port a VoIP or landline number.  Since you can dial out, PM had done its work to get your number over to PM from iTalkBB.  Now, it is up to iTalkBB to release your number to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.