cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

going over plan limits?

tracy1971
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I was to get the $10 plan... 50 canada wide minutes, unlimited incoming text and 50 out going text.  What happens if I go over?  What is the charge for call per minute and outgoing text?

10 REPLIES 10

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tracy1971 wrote:

If I was to get the $10 plan... 50 canada wide minutes, unlimited incoming text and 50 out going text.  What happens if I go over?  What is the charge for call per minute and outgoing text?

I have my 2 children on Public Mobile and LOVE the fact that there are never any surprise charges. You cannot use more (data or minutes or texts) than you've paid for in advance. It also lets me leave them alone regarding data usage, and they have to learn to be responsible for it themselves. If they run out, so be it. Too bad, learn to ration it. If they want more then they can pay for it themselves (like that's gonna happen). After a couple of months running out of data they have learned to be more responsible with it. 

GC

SkimGuy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Most phones nowadays have data warnings/limits that you can set on the phone itself to remind them of their data usage as well. Just another helpful tool in case younger users have trouble managing their data usage. 

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tracy1971 wrote:

Public Mobile is a Pay Before Service. What ever you pay is what works. There are no overages or Pay per use charges. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Even without a data plan for setup the APN settings and make sure data is enabled. If not you will not be able to send/ receive mms(picture messages)

@tracy1971 wrote:

I am looking to get this plan for my daughter.  Does that apply to data too, if she accidental tried to get on the internet?

I have this for my 12 year old son and it has been a great plan for him.  He isn't used to having a phone so to get him to remember to take it has been a challenge lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tracy1971 wrote:

I am looking to get this plan for my daughter.  Does that apply to data too, if she accidental tried to get on the internet?

There's no "accidentally". You either have data or you don't. It too would just stop working once all used.

srlawren

@tracy1971 wrote:

@tracy1971 yes, she would be unable to on the $10/50/50 plan unless you were to purchase data add-on(s) to enable it, but once those are used up the data would stop again.  There is no pay-per-use billing and no overages due to that fact.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

@tracy1971 wrote:

There is no over, over here. It just stops.

@tracy1971 further to this:  Public Mobile does not do any pay-per-use billing, nor billing after-the-fact.  If you are to run out of minutes, you can purchase "long distance minute" add-on(s), in packages of 200 min for $8 or 400 mins for $15.  If you run out of texts, you are out of luck as there are no add-ons to augment texts.  If you anticipate going over, you may want to look at alternative plans, such as the unlimited province-wide talk plus unlimtied texting for $25, or I believe it's $5 more to upgrade the talk to canada-wide instead of province-wide.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tracy1971
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tracy1971 wrote:

There is no over, over here. It just stops.

Need Help? Let's chat.