cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free sim card

bianhua1988
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If purchase the plan in Wal-Mart, do we still receive free sim card?        

12 REPLIES 12

All with the flash sale. Woohoo.

vtynhi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just went to Walmart to activate a Public Mobile sim card today.  They gave me the sim card free, I used a referral code from a friend to get $10 credit, I registered for autopay to get $2 credit, and I ported another number when I got home.  All the promotions still work the same.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bianhua1988 if you have a friend with public mobile use their number as a referal and you will get a $10 account credit. Basically compensates for the cost of the sim card. 

bianhua1988

Thanks for all the info above. I will ask them tomorrow.  

@Lieux wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@bianhua1988 wrote:

It could be offered by Walmart itself not from public mobile for this week-end....just phone before to go there.

@Lieux I don't believe that Walmart run specials on the SIM cards; when you see a promo like the one last wekeend, they are run by Public Mobile not by Walmart.

Yes they did some weekends last March. Some customers have this promotion directly by Walmart in store with activation.

I don't doubt that some customers did get free sim cards, but as this was never advertised for in-store activations, they don't even really have to do it. As such, the customer shouldn't expect it. 

@srlawren wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@bianhua1988 wrote:

It could be offered by Walmart itself not from public mobile for this week-end....just phone before to go there.

@Lieux I don't believe that Walmart run specials on the SIM cards; when you see a promo like the one last wekeend, they are run by Public Mobile not by Walmart.

Yes they did some weekends last March. Some customers have this promotion directly by Walmart in store with activation.

srlawren

@Lieux wrote:

@bianhua1988 wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@gordie7857 wrote:

walmart has them give them a referal link from public mobile i think it will be free then thank you

@gordie7857 no, not free, other than when there is a promotion going on

thank you

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

gordie7857

walmart has them give them a referal link from public mobile i think it will be free then thank you

@bianhua1988 wrote:

The official price is $10, even if you activate there.  There is currently no set in-store promotion for free sim cards, although some locations might do it to close the sale/activation. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@bianhua1988 wrote:

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bianhua1988 wrote:

@bianhua1988 

The last such deal that I heard about was mar30 and 31st only

Need Help? Let's chat.