cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free incoming call

Moonwolf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

on my 100 minute Canada wide plan, are any minutes used up when an incoming call from the USA is answered even when this plan says free incoming calls?

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv 

Brilliant! Using the source info that we all already know very often has its ambiguities. Great response to all this.

And re-reading this before I hit the button...this is not sarcasm to you...just the company. 🙂

Callers dropping to voicemail do not consume minutes. How can it? Incoming calls are included. Customers would not be penalized for callers leaving voicemail. So the only "calls to voicemail" that CAN use minutes are when using the handset to dial into your voicemail.

Nothing to see, move along. 🙂

Oh my, did i rev some people up!? I enjoy discussions, but not based on confusion. So, I apologize for any of that.

The main question from the OP was "are any minutes used up when an incoming call from the USA is answered" - answer: No.

The voicemail part of my post was intended for a useful tidbit. My response to the OP was based on the current in-market plan (see # 7 - below):

"7 - Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes."

$15 Plan.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR 

Semantics is the interpretation of the words...not that it's anything to me.

I'll give my unsolicited parsing out of the interpretations: I aren't a English experts.

Calls to voicemail:
Calls could be that the handset is making the calls to voicemail
Calls could be that callers to the handset are the calls to voicemail when it forwards to voicemail

to voicemail could be calling direct to the voicemail box from the handset
to voicemail could be those callers that are ending up going to voicemail by forwarding

So yes, some interpretation. But the solution was granted. I don't know if it was done by someone other than the OP but if it was the OP then they're satisfied with the answer. So your real argument is with the OP for granting the solution.

My argument is...is a semantic interpretation worth all this discussion when one of the interpretations is correct and that it was marked as solved hours ago?

@Anonymous wrote:

Jeez. Semantics. Sure...an interpretation could be had but the statement is still true in one way. The OP was satisfied enough to give the solution (assuming no given solutions). Then hours later Korth adds on to a solved thread reviving it.

What is semantics to you could be confusing to other members who don't know otherwise.  And members come to the forums to ask a question and want to get a straight simple correct answer.  Not everyone here in the forums are experts and fluent in English as you.

When I first read that last minute add-on to the post I too thought “confusion”. Only mention was of no incoming calls counting towards the 100 minutes but the need to mention “calls to VM also counting” quite logically makes one assume it is incoming calls that go to VM that are the exception when in fact it was presented as another bonus item that might be using the OP’s outgoing minutes if that indeed even IS the problem.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez. Semantics. Sure...an interpretation could be had but the statement is still true in one way. The OP was satisfied enough to give the solution (assuming no given solutions). Then hours later Korth adds on to a solved thread reviving it.

@RosieR wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

The chosen solution says..

Note - Calls to voicemail will deduct from your Plan minutes.

According to @Korth  incoming calls which go to voice shouldn't use minutes but sometimes they do.  So, shouldn't the chosen solution be corrected?   

Calls going to voicemail don't use minutes. If they do, it's an error on Public Mobile's part. You're right that it shouldn't say that.

I'm asking about the "chosen solution"?  which says calls to voicemail will deduct from Plan minutes.   It seems to be incorrect.  Perhaps an edit is in order so as not misinform other members who don't know otherwise.

@esjliv never stated if this refers to checking voicemaiil or letting incoming calls go to voicemail. if the member is talking about checking voicemail using the same device to call in, the statement is actually correct.  I edited my reply to you a minute later. I will admit that not being specific can cause confusion.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

According to @Korth  incoming calls which go to voice shouldn't use minutes but sometimes they do.  So, shouldn't the chosen solution be corrected?   

Calls going to voicemail don't use minutes. If they do, it's an error on Public Mobile's part. You're right that it shouldn't say that.

I'm asking about the "chosen solution"?  which says calls to voicemail will deduct from Plan minutes.   It seems to be incorrect.  Perhaps an edit is in order so as not misinform other members who don't know otherwise.  I think someone should pm @esjliv to correct it.  clarify his answer as his post is the chosen one?

@RosieR wrote:

Calls being sent to voicemail don't use minutes. If they do, it's an error on Public Mobile's part. I do think that @esjliv  means outoing calls to check the voicemail use minutes, which they do.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

Incoming calls which go to voicemail shouldn't use minutes. But I think they sometimes do, for whatever reason.

This should never be the case. However, I do know of some past situations that this has happened while customers are roaming at other carriers.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@Moonwolf 

Just an FYI... there was a version of the $15 plan that came with a total of 100 minutes combined in and out calls. This was in the May-June 2019 time frame when the $15 plan was first launched. Within a couple of months a better version of the plan including unlimited incoming and 100 minutes of outgoing launched BUT, people have to make the change to the newer better $15 plan. We still see people on the community asking about this as they are still on the old plan having never converted to the better $15 plan.

AE_Collector

@Korth wrote:

Incoming calls which go to voicemail shouldn't use minutes. But I think they sometimes do, for whatever reason.

This should never be the case. However, I do know of some past situations that this has happened while customers are roaming at other carriers.

Incoming calls which go to voicemail shouldn't use minutes. But I think they sometimes do, for whatever reason. I haven't really tested it. I don't know many people who like to leave minutes-long recorded messages.

Outgoing calls to retrieve your voicemail do use minutes. Although you can avoid using your minutes by accessing your voicemail from another phone, just dial your own phone number and enter your PIN at the prompt.

$5 500-minute Canada-wide Talk add-on is just $0.01 per minute. Unused add-on minutes stay on account every month until fully used up. It's a one-time purchase, not an every-month purchase (unless you use it all up every month). The next step up is $25 Unlimited Canada-wide Talk plan.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Moonwolf wrote:

on my 100 minute Canada wide plan, are any minutes used up when an incoming call from the USA is answered even when this plan says free incoming calls?

@Moonwolf hi no only outgoing or answering voicemail from your phone 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Moonwolf ,

Incoming from anywhere on the planet (when you are in Canada, that is) does not use up your 100 Plan Minutes.

🙂

Note:  Calling your own voicemail from your Public Mobile device will deduct from your Plan minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.