cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

free incoming call

on my 100 minute Canada wide plan, are any minutes used up when an incoming call from the USA is answered even when this plan says free incoming calls?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: free incoming call

Hello @Moonwolf ,

Incoming from anywhere on the planet (when you are in Canada, that is) does not use up your 100 Plan Minutes.

🙂

Note:  Calling your own voicemail from your Public Mobile device will deduct from your Plan minutes.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Moonwolf ,

Incoming from anywhere on the planet (when you are in Canada, that is) does not use up your 100 Plan Minutes.

🙂

Note:  Calling your own voicemail from your Public Mobile device will deduct from your Plan minutes.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Moonwolf wrote:

on my 100 minute Canada wide plan, are any minutes used up when an incoming call from the USA is answered even when this plan says free incoming calls?

@Moonwolf hi no only outgoing or answering voicemail from your phone 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Incoming calls which go to voicemail shouldn't use minutes. But I think they sometimes do, for whatever reason. I haven't really tested it. I don't know many people who like to leave minutes-long recorded messages.

Outgoing calls to retrieve your voicemail do use minutes. Although you can avoid using your minutes by accessing your voicemail from another phone, just dial your own phone number and enter your PIN at the prompt.

$5 500-minute Canada-wide Talk add-on is just $0.01 per minute. Unused add-on minutes stay on account every month until fully used up. It's a one-time purchase, not an every-month purchase (unless you use it all up every month). The next step up is $25 Unlimited Canada-wide Talk plan.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth wrote:

Incoming calls which go to voicemail shouldn't use minutes. But I think they sometimes do, for whatever reason.

This should never be the case. However, I do know of some past situations that this has happened while customers are roaming at other carriers.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Moonwolf 

Just an FYI... there was a version of the $15 plan that came with a total of 100 minutes combined in and out calls. This was in the May-June 2019 time frame when the $15 plan was first launched. Within a couple of months a better version of the plan including unlimited incoming and 100 minutes of outgoing launched BUT, people have to make the change to the newer better $15 plan. We still see people on the community asking about this as they are still on the old plan having never converted to the better $15 plan.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

Incoming calls which go to voicemail shouldn't use minutes. But I think they sometimes do, for whatever reason.

This should never be the case. However, I do know of some past situations that this has happened while customers are roaming at other carriers.

The chosen solution says..

Note - Calls to voicemail will deduct from your Plan minutes.

According to @Korth  incoming calls which go to voice shouldn't use minutes but sometimes they do.  So, shouldn't the chosen solution be corrected?   

Highlighted

@RosieR wrote:

According to @Korth  incoming calls which go to voice shouldn't use minutes but sometimes they do.  So, shouldn't the chosen solution be corrected?   

Calls being sent to voicemail don't use minutes. If they do, it's an error on Public Mobile's part. I do think that @esjliv  means outoing calls to check the voicemail use minutes, which they do.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

Calls going to voicemail don't use minutes. If they do, it's an error on Public Mobile's part. You're right that it shouldn't say that.

I'm asking about the "chosen solution"?  which says calls to voicemail will deduct from Plan minutes.   It seems to be incorrect.  Perhaps an edit is in order so as not misinform other members who don't know otherwise.  I think someone should pm @esjliv to correct it.  clarify his answer as his post is the chosen one?

Highlighted

@RosieR wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

Calls going to voicemail don't use minutes. If they do, it's an error on Public Mobile's part. You're right that it shouldn't say that.

I'm asking about the "chosen solution"?  which says calls to voicemail will deduct from Plan minutes.   It seems to be incorrect.  Perhaps an edit is in order so as not misinform other members who don't know otherwise.

@esjliv never stated if this refers to checking voicemaiil or letting incoming calls go to voicemail. if the member is talking about checking voicemail using the same device to call in, the statement is actually correct.  I edited my reply to you a minute later. I will admit that not being specific can cause confusion.

Need Help? Let's chat.