cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forgot my pin

kayakjock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Tried to log in to my account to see if I was charged for a call I received but could not find or remember my pin.  How can I obtain new pin?

The call I was concerned about was from my wife at home(land line) in Brockville to my mobile when I was at Mallorytown Landing.  Shortly after getting the call I received a text from Public mobile saying welcome to the USA and offering add ons.  I was not in USA but both Brockville and Mallorytown are on the shores of the St Lawrence so the USA is on other side of St Lawrence at no great distance.    I have a 30 day talk & text plan only.

kayakjock

3 REPLIES 3

AutoPay should never add a roaming add on automatically.  If it does, I would contact the moderators and complain about it.

As you’ve forced the connection to only see Public Mobile, you should never have this issue again.  I think you would be fine to allow roaming again, as long as you can confirm AutoPay did not add the roaming package by itself.

Last year I travelled over the Rainbow Bridge to New York State for a few hours.  I’m on AutoPay, and also received the txt message about the US, but I chose not to add the roaming, as I wasn’t going to be there long.

Roaming is still active on my device.

kayakjock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you.  I use a flip phone and I found network selection and have chosen public mobile 3g as you suggest.  The reason I thought there might be a charge was the text msg re USA and I have auto pay.. I'm new to mobile phones so not sure of anything..   Will try the pin link you gave.

Many thanks!

Kayakjock

@will13am wrote:

@kayakjock, first of all, this service is a prepaid service.  There is never a charge for anything that is not purchased in advance.  If you are located near the US border and may from time to time connect to a partner network in the US, I suggest that you force the phone to connect to the Public Mobile network manually as opposed to auto selecting a network. 

With respect to obtaining your account PIN, you will need to get in touch with the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kayakjock, first of all, this service is a prepaid service.  There is never a charge for anything that is not purchased in advance.  If you are located near the US border and may from time to time connect to a partner network in the US, I suggest that you force the phone to connect to the Public Mobile network manually as opposed to auto selecting a network. 

With respect to obtaining your account PIN, you will need to get in touch with the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.