cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

few questions

foxtrot16m
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

so i cant find answers to the following questions

1) every time  i make a call is it chageing me for a minimum of one minuite so a call lasting 1 minuite 2 seconds will charge 2 minuites or ? 

2) is there no way to access my voicemail for free (not using minuites) other then using a friends phone or a payphone? 

3) do i get charges minuites to call 611 and how about 911?

4) how do i stop it from playing the automated msg saying it may be longdistance when all the plans are nation wide and i would never call a non canadian number

5) is there really only the 1gb for $30 addon, to update this phone i have to pay $60 since its mroe then a gb to update it and i would prefer not to use wifi. where are the unlimited addons or unlimited for a few days addons? 

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@foxtrot16m wrote:

1) every time  i make a call is it chageing me for a minimum of one minuite so a call lasting 1 minuite 2 seconds will charge 2 minuites or ? 

2) is there no way to access my voicemail for free (not using minuites) other then using a friends phone or a payphone? 

4) how do i stop it from playing the automated msg saying it may be longdistance when all the plans are nation wide and i would never call a non canadian number

5) is there really only the 1gb for $30 addon, to update this phone i have to pay $60 since its mroe then a gb to update it and i would prefer not to use wifi. where are the unlimited addons or unlimited for a few days addons? 

1.  PM charge by the minutes.  The time starts when your incomeing call is ringing.  Outgoing call when you start calling.  Yes,  minuite 2 seconds will charge 2 minuites

2. You can call from your home landline phone or the phone is your office to access your voice mail for free.

3. No minutes charge for calling 611.  Not sure about the 911.  I assume is no charge as you can call 911 without a orking plan on your phoen.

4. update later

5. PM has only $30 1GB add-on.

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is 2 days. If your next renewal date is 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

1- correct it's by the minute. If you talk 1 min 6 seconds it chargers 2 minutes.

You can buy a 500 minute add-on for $5 which rolls over every 30 days till used up. It's a good backup when your on a plan with limited calling out minutes.

Or just text the person and tell them to call you because incoming calls are free.

2-. Yes call your cell number from another phone. When voicemail starts to play. press star * enter voicemail password and listen to your voicemail.

3- no

4-. Put a 1 infront of number 

5- $10 data on for 200mb. $30 add-on for one gig. Is what Public Mobile currently offers. Different add-on options for while roaming in USA.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@foxtrot16m wrote:

yes to the nearest minute

Yes  call and prees * to get there then enter your voicemail password

no they are free

dial,1 in front of all your numbers. Add them as 11 digit phone numbers in your address book

Yes only the 1 gigabyte or the $10 200mg add on

Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Yes. They all round up to the next minute.

2. You could use a voip app and be on wifi (or cell data) and call a voicemail access number. Otherwise no.

3. No.

4. Add a 1 in front of all your numbers

5. There're only the 200MB and 1GB add-ons. Umm...wifi is usually free. Go to a coffee shop or something.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@foxtrot16m wrote:

@foxtrot16m  It will charge you 2 minutes.

Correct

No.

Include a +1 in fron of the number when dialing or saving in your contacts.

Public does not offer unlimited add-ons. Your only choices are:

1. Purchse a data add-on (too expensive)
  2. Change plan to one that offers more data
  3. Submit a ticket to PM and ask them to renew your existing plan early.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@foxtrot16m wrote:

1. Yes all calls are rounded up to the next minute
  2. No there is not unless you use another phone like you listed or a landline
  3. Personally can't verify that one sorry ADDED I believe that the * numbers shouldn't count against minutes as many companies listed that as a way to call them free when most plans were limited minutes
  4. For this add the 1 in front of all your contacts or when dialing and you won't hear that message
  5. That is the only data add-on that would work for you if you need that much data added on.  Why do you not want to use WIFI?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.