cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exceeding the data limite

Jenny_jojo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How much per how many data if I go over the data?

13 REPLIES 13

@computergeek541 

Yes you have maybe you want to review all of Jenny's solutions......to reflect a reasonable answer to a question asked.

I have adjusted the solution to reflect a reasonable answer to the question asked.

@computergeek541 

Thank you at least someone has seen the light! The big red flashing ones....did you see the others?

@t_p 

Yes indeed...I have learned only the Sherif can solve Jenny's problems so I won't bother wasting my time trying to solve a problem that doesn't actually exist.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

@darlicious 

C'est la vie!

Live and learn

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jenny_jojo 

In general, it's not a bad idea to buy a Data Add-On if you get close to your data limit.  The Add-Ons don't expire and get used after you run out of your Plan's data so it's basically "just in case" data.  🙂

Sherif_Sheko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think you can buy add on data

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Jenny_jojo wrote:

All PM plans are prepaid. So when you've used up all the allotted data, that service just stops, you can't go over.

To be able to use data again, you have 4 choices:

- Buy a data add-on 

- Wait until your plan renewal.

- Renew your plan immediately (that will need Customer Support intervention)

- Upgrade to a plan with more data.

@Jenny_jojo 

Alternatively if you really need data you can load funds onto your account and change plans immediately or renew your current plan early by contacting customer support. There is no prorating at PM so you will lose the value of the remaining services once you change plans or renew early and your rewards will not be applied to your balance until the following renewal.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jenny_jojo 

When you use up your plan data or any data add ons your data will just stop. There are no overages or extra billing at PM. You can purchase a data add on ( $5/200mb or the $15/1gb add on) they are a one time purchase that do not expire rolling over every 30 days until completely consumed.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jenny_jojo wrote:

@Jenny_jojo 

When you run out of data there is no extra charges, you just lose the ability to use the data service.

Then when your plan renews your plan data replenishes.

Install an app to track your ‘live’ usage so you can keep track.

Public Mobile are 30 day plans (not monthly).

If you are android, try this one:

Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detailsid=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use this one myself and it gives me what I need from it.

You could also check out Data counter widget: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roysolberg.android.datacounter&hl=en_CA&gl=US

If you are an Apple user, I am sure there is a 30-day app that is available as well.

Managing Your Data Usage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

Need Help? Let's chat.