cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error on account set up but still charged my credit card

warlo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went through all the stages of new account set up, requesting to port my number which it seemed to accept.  On the last step I entered my credit card data for payment and pressed continue.  After processing for several minutes it came back saying there was a general system error.  Now the SIM card number says invalid when I try to set it up again, it tells me my phone number is unavailable to port AND the payment has been charged to my credit card.  How do I find out what has happened and move forward to get the SIM card set up without being charged a 2nd time.

11 REPLIES 11

publicmobile238
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Indeed!

warlo

thank you for your help!!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

warlo

How do I change it now?  The system accepted the same email address for both SIM card activations so I cant set it up as a new account again because it has already been activated.  The 2nd one set up smoothly and normally it is the first one that I cannot get access to but as I said, per your suggestion (thank you!) I put the SIM in the phone and it is set up and working so it has to be attached to my account somehow but I can't find it.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

warlo

Tried the SIM in the phone and it does seem to be set up. Yeah!

However it is still not showing up on my account.  (I needed to set up 2 new SIM cards and I used the same user ID, email and password for both so I could manage them from one account.  The 2nd one set up easily and perfectly but this one is not showing up).  I've waited several hours, I've logged out and gone back in, not sure what else to try.  I'm relieved it is working but if I want to do any add-ons or change my plan I have no way of doing that if it does not show up in my self serve account.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

warlo

Yes I switched to the reccommended Chrome browser cleared cache and enabled incognito.

It has been about 3 hours already.

warlo

when I log in to my account it is not showing up as an active plan and I did not receive the PM welcome email that would let me know its been set up.  

I will try putting it in my phone though and see.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@warlo wrote:

I went through all the stages of new account set up, requesting to port my number which it seemed to accept.  On the last step I entered my credit card data for payment and pressed continue.  After processing for several minutes it came back saying there was a general system error.  Now the SIM card number says invalid when I try to set it up again, it tells me my phone number is unavailable to port AND the payment has been charged to my credit card.  How do I find out what has happened and move forward to get the SIM card set up without being charged a 2nd time.

Try a different browser and/or incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies.

You may also need to wait one hour before retrying as after too many attempts PM's system will lock you out.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Need Help? Let's chat.