cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message

Pmproblem
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm getting a "not registered on network" message. I switched from Fido and bought the card at London Drugs. It's inserted correctly in the Samsung Galaxy S4. The phone was previously unlocked when I switched from Rogers to Fido. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

Pmproblem

Only when I replaced the new, but apparently faulty, PM Sim card did I get the unlock message - which enabled me to unlock the phone.

@Pmproblem 

Seems like Rogers gave you the wrong information. Since Fido is owned by Rogers you can use a fido sim card without having the phone unlocked .

Just like if you have a Telus phone you can use a Koodo or  Public mobile sim card without having the phone unlocked (if the phone was locked)

Glad you resolved your issue.

Pmproblem

I had loads of trouble with this. I finally tried my last choice and replaced the new SIM card. This brought up an Unlock (pin required) notice .I phoned Rogers again who had previously said the phone would have been unlocked permanently when I switched from Rogers to Fido. I gave them the IMEI number and they unlocked the phone. I didn't try Samsung online, but this answer was the closet of the various suggestions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pmproblem wrote:

I'm getting a "not registered on network" message. I switched from Fido and bought the card at London Drugs. It's inserted correctly in the Samsung Galaxy S4. The phone was previously unlocked when I switched from Rogers to Fido. Any ideas?

Maybe set your networks to 3G. It might be still on 2G. Rogers and Fido are still operating 2G. Maybe you set it to only be 2G.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pmproblem wrote:

Take your PM SIM card out and insert it again.

Restart you s4 and report result.

There may be issue with your S4 not reading the PM SIM card.

To eliminate PM configure issue, put your PM SIM card in another working unlocked phone.  If your PM SIM is working in another phone, it is your S4 hardware issue.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Pmproblem wrote:

@Pmproblem hi sounds like your phone is still locked you can contact samsung online support for a master unlock code 

Need Help? Let's chat.