cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error made when activate New SIM card

Yi_xin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi:  

i am new to public mobile. I brought a new SIM card today. when i was activating it, i made a

error when type in my e-mail address. i did not find it out until it reached to the summary page.

i went back try to correct it, and on the first page, it displayed the SIM card is already reserved by another sessision. can some one from mod team to help me reset them so i can re-do everythig over again. thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Your guys ROCKZ at PM @Luddite @Anonymous @kav2001c Heart PM forum 

welcome to PM Yi_xin

Yi_xin

you guys are awsome. thanks for all the help. i followed (abTest Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle) suggestion and everthing went fine.

Yi_xin

Thanks for the adivse. i will try to re do it agian after a couple hourse.

i also send the private message the the MOD team.

the SIM card is not in the phone yet

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite, I do not know that this actually happens. But, since there are probably multiple systems that need to do things during activation, I would have to assume that there is some sort of mechanism to ensure that the same SIM is not activated at the same time on multiple browsers.

Just a hunch...

Hopefully, @Yi_xin can report back and let us know.

Just to add to what was said above

Never hit the browser back button

If you can re-do an older step there will be a summary screen to update change

Otherwise could just edit after the fact or with mods assistance

It seems odd that SIM would be activated if entire process was not finished

(presumably not even paid for service yet...)

What happens when card is actually placed in a phone?

@Anonymous "Wait a few hours, and try again (if the SIM is locked in a server side cache, it will clear itself out eventually)."

I did not know that. Thanks. 👍 👍 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yi_xin, Try clearing your browser's cache, and then restarting the browser in Privacy/Incognito mode.  Alternately, use another browser (again in Privacy/Incognito mode), and try the entire process again.  If yoiu get a SIM already used/assigned error, then you have 2 choices.

- Wait a few hours, and try again (if the SIM is locked in a server side cache, it will clear itself out eventually).

- Contact the moderator team and ask for help.  They are gone for the day but will be back at 9am (EST).

In case you need to contact the mods, click here to send the moderator team a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

@Yi_xin Your SIM was activated; that is the reason you cannot register it with the correct email address. 

You will need moderator assistance. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Include both the correct and incorrect email address in your message. They will be able to modify the email address in the account you created.

Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7PM (ET).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Yi_xin

i dont think the activation is complete. i cant log into the self serve account with incorrect email address. i stoped at step 4 (on the summary page), i have not yet gone to the next step (credit card payment) page

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yi_xin, Are you sure that your activation did not complete?  Are you able to log in to the self service portal with your (incorrect) email address? 

Need Help? Let's chat.