cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seb418
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

error 821

I was actuvating a sim card for my daughter but got an error after finishing the payment for the plan. I tried to redo the activation of the SIM, but got a message saying that the number is invalid. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Re: error 821

@seb418 wrote:

I was actuvating a sim card for my daughter but got an error after finishing the payment for the plan. I tried to redo the activation of the SIM, but got a message saying that the number is invalid. 

Check your bank account to see if your payment actually happened.

Did you get the "Welcome to PM" email yet ?

seb418
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

no I haven't seen any welcome message yet

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@seb418 

If your credit card has been charged for the plan selected then you have an incomplete account activation that has to be completed by the moderators. Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and submit a support ticket via simon by typing in incomplete account activation and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on your private message box for a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@seb418 wrote:

@seb418 

DID your credit card get charged?

If so insert your Public Mobile SIM and see if you have any services.

Then try and log into your Self Serve account: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

IF you did not get charged, then you did not complete the SIM card activation.

• Wait 1 hour after your last attempt (since the system locks the SIM # after an attempted activation)
  • Clear your browser's cache or try a different browser
  • Open a tab in incognito mode
  • Then try the activation again
AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Are you activating with a new phone number? Usually when this happens the activation has gone through even though the messages imply it hasn’t. Usual next thing to try is if the SIM card works in a phone.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.