cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

empty sim card

jensener
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just activated a new sim and transfered my telus number to it but once inserted into the phone I got empty sim card. Tried other phones and got the same message. I have no phone to use now as the telus card has been transfered.!

10 REPLIES 10

@jensener  Great. You should submit a ticket to the moderstor team and ask them to credit your account for the cost of the card.

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile click here. Login to your community account and select your issue and submit your ticket. The ticket will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team

jensener

Bought a new card and swapped the line and it worked

And one where an industrious 6 year old put a piece of scotch tape on the back and made it work, lol. Hey it worked!

Darren_M

I recall seeing another post that the SIM Card did not work, they reseated it and then it worked.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jensener wrote:

Just activated a new sim and transfered my telus number to it but once inserted into the phone I got empty sim card. Tried other phones and got the same message. I have no phone to use now as the telus card has been transfered.!

@jensener  If you tried the sim card in multiple phones and the card is not being recognized it sounds like a defective sim card. Where did you purchase the sim card from? If the card is defective best to replace the card by purchasing a new sim card from a retail location and then going into your selfserve account and selecting the "change sim card" option. Also submit a ticket to PM just in case it's an account issue.psf (1).JPG

jensener

Tried also other phones and none worked. some said empty card some no sim

jensener

samsung a5. It said no sim emergency call only

jensener

No the telus card no longer worked as it is said now a "unregisitered card".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jensener wrote:

Some terminology confusion here but...can you say what exactly the phone says after inserting the SIM and turning it on?

You activated a new account here using the 19 digit number on the Public Mobile SIM and then did a phone number transfer from Telus.

What make/model/submodel is the phone? Does it have dual SIM slots? If so try a different slot.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@jensenerPut in your old Telus SIM card it might still work. However it sounds like an activation problem, the only people who can fix it are the moderators, so you have to click on the ? in the lower right hand corner and click on Contact Moderator.

Need Help? Let's chat.