cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doesn't ask for my old account number when transferring land line

jzimoch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to activate a sim card and transfer a land line to PM. After I enter the old phone # and verify it, the screen comes up asking for personal information but doesn't ask for my old account number.  Then when I submit, it tells me I have errors or missing info.  I saw a post where someone had the exact same issue - I can no longer find it and don't know what the resolution was.  There are several posts similiar to this.   Overall, what is the right way to transfer a bell land line over to PM ? 

10 REPLIES 10

jzimoch

I activated my cell phone using a new number, then contacted a moderator with your link below. Moderator was quick in getting back to me and I then provided the appropriate Old account information (name, address, account #), about 4 days later my Bell land line was ported over succesfully.  (rec'd txt msg on my cell #)

All is now working as expected.   

Thanks for everyones help.

Please also note that landline (and VoIP) numbers take longer to port than cellular  Expect upto 5 days for it to complete.  Taking a new number on the SIM activation is a good idea.

@jzimoch 

I have not ported a landline before. If that is the form, try to fill out and then see what happens. 

You up may want to message moderator at the same time just in case the port gets stuck. 

jzimoch

Yes, I have my sim card activated and with a new phone number. Phone is working fine.  I tried doing a Change number on my account - it still brings up a form that I don't think is appropriate as it doesn't ask for my old account number.  I've now sent an email to the moderating team as per your suggestion.  

Below is the screen I'm currently getting when trying to port my land line over to PM.

Public mobile.JPG

jzimoch

I've ativated the sim card / phone with a new phone number.  When I go into my account to change the phone number to my Land line number, I get this screen after I click on verify number.  There is no place for my old bell account number info.

Do I need to get a moderator involved to transfer it manually?

Public mobile.JPG

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@jzimoch wrote:

I'm trying to activate a sim card and transfer a land line to PM. After I enter the old phone # and verify it, the screen comes up asking for personal information but doesn't ask for my old account number.  Then when I submit, it tells me I have errors or missing info.  I saw a post where someone had the exact same issue - I can no longer find it and don't know what the resolution was.  There are several posts similiar to this.   Overall, what is the right way to transfer a bell land line over to PM ? 

The landline porting form is different. I think it only asks for name and billing address of landline account.  Is there is box to type in notes? Put account number in that box.

@jzimoch 

Was your credit card charged in your attempt at activation/port?  If not, you can try again with above suggestions.  If it was charged, put your SIM card in your phone to see whether you get some PM signal for now.  

Generally speaking for porting you will need 3 pieces of information

1.  Account holder name

2.  Account number

3.  Phone number

(Omit extra information such as PIN, IME)

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jzimoch wrote:

@jzimoch  A Bell landline port can take 7 days to complete so as suggested pick a new temporary number during activation. Once your activation is complete and you online account is setup then login and setup the port using the change number option.

PMCN.JPG

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@jzimochHave your SIM card working now? Assuming your activation went successfully. The port should had started. You would need to contact the Moderators with the information so they can followup on the porting process https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @jzimoch  I would first activate the sim with a temp number and once working then do the port, through selfserve.

Also try clearing browser cache /incognito mode. 

Also Land-line ports can take much longer. 

Need Help? Let's chat.