cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable voicemail unsuccessful

cat2019
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

I want to disable my voicemail as it takes my calling time. I searched the solutions in the forum and followed it to record my extended absence greeting (it went well),  but when I called my mobile number from a land line for testing, I still heard the defaut greeting asking the caller to leave a message like before. So where did my just-record greeting go? How can I delete this defaut message for recording voicemail and to let the caller hear my extended absence greeting instead?

6 REPLIES 6

cat2019

Thanks again for the suggestion! I'm happy to know that PM users are helping each other working things out like a real community.  At beginning I was a bit hesitate to switch to PM as I was told there is no call center or customer service representative, now I start to feel confident since I know I'm not alone or helpless. Thank you guys!

And of course thank you to @srlawren for taking the time to create this great and easy to follow how-to!

One thing I learned from srlawren as well is searching what you want to do, and add "pmguide" to your search and you get some great results

cat2019

I followed the link and found out I forgot the last step: turn on the recorded Extended Absence Message. No wonder it was not "activated". Now it works! Thank you very much!

cat2019

Thanks! I will search again to see whether I missed anything...

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Here's a set of instructions by @srlawren. See how closely they match what you have done.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805/highl...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

If he goes to the search bar and put in help articles voicemail it will come up show you exactly how to redo your voicemail and reset it for the extended absence greeting.

Need Help? Let's chat.