cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting voicemail function

pingkaic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can I delete Voicemail Function with PM plans?

I would like the phone to keep ringing instead of allowing

the caller to leave messages. I never read messages.

I used to be able to request Chatr to delete the function.

6 REPLIES 6

pingkaic

Thx for the advise.

I also include in my greetings asking the caller NOT to leave a message

but to call back again. Hope it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pingkaic wrote:

There's no deleting it. You can use the Extended Absence feature where you can tell it not to take recordings. Leave a greeting that you don't take messages.

You can also use a fake call forwarding number. But that causes a nasty error sounding thing to the caller.

There's a method to extend the ringing to only 30 seconds. I don't think there's a way to let it keep ringing

What happens if you extend the rings to the maximum and then have it forward to your own number again? Will thst work? 

So like you coulda tested it 🙂

I tried on A8, S7 default dialer and it doesn't let it set the number to itself. (unanswered selection anyway)

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pingkaic wrote:

There's no deleting it. You can use the Extended Absence feature where you can tell it not to take recordings. Leave a greeting that you don't take messages.

You can also use a fake call forwarding number. But that causes a nasty error sounding thing to the caller.

There's a method to extend the ringing to only 30 seconds. I don't think there's a way to let it keep ringing

What happens if you extend the rings to the maximum and then have it forward to your own number again? Will thst work? 

Could always forward it to an app like YouMail and have it download on the device or just block all voice mails calls via the app, I know YouMail has the ability.

@Anonymous wrote:

@pingkaic wrote:

pingkaic

thanks for the reply.  Too bad that the voicemail function cannot be deleted.

PM should consider this options; especially some seniors could not answer

calls that fast and do not know how to read voicemails.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pingkaic wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.