cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data not working

Mar60
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my data stopped working yesterday. Yes, I have lots of data left in account so that is not the problem. I have not made any changes to my cellphone settings

10 REPLIES 10

Mar60
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I turned off the phone and rebooted. It seemed to work. Not sure if that was the real solution since I read on social media that other cellphone providers had also trouble with data that day. Thanks anyways. It all worked out.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mar60 

Maybe check if your phone have the latest update. 
The update will reboot your phone so you don’t need to power off the phone.

Also check your self service account to review your data usage on My Data & Add-ones>View Usage.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mar60 wrote:

my data stopped working yesterday. Yes, I have lots of data left in account so that is not the problem. I have not made any changes to my cellphone settings

@Mar60 

Have you tried your SIM in another phone to see if you have access to data?

After reviewing and trying others suggestions, if still issues, ensure:

• your device has the latest software
  • Reset your Network Settings on your phone

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Mar60 : this would be too weird, but possible... I had the same scenario in the last few weeks due I think to updates on my phone.

When putting the APN settings in again I put the 74.49.0.18 bit in the proxy instead of the mms proxy and my brain nearly exploded before I figured it out, lol.

Check that if this rings a bell.

@Mar60 wrote:

I would suggest to see if your phone is set to cut data usage after a specified amount of usage.  These settings usually have the counters reset monthly. Public Mobile doesn't have plans that last exactly one month during many lf the months, so the device's counter could also be inaccurate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and make sure APN Settings On device 

Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

Changing APN Settings On Android Phones

click HERE 

make sure your DATA is on.

Good Luck

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mar60 wrote:

@Mar60   You can first try rebooting your phone.  Also try toggling airplane mode on/off.  Sometimes removing and reinserting SIM will do the trick too.

Also your account is active and payments up to date right?

[emphasis ----- Luddite]

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Mar60 wrote:

Make sure you look in my data and add-ons to confirm if you have any data left.

Make sure data is enabled on the phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mar60 : How about of course your mobile data is on. You say "account"...you mean the overview page of your self-serve? Or your phone counter? Are the other services working? Calls in/out? Texts in/out?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mar60   Just to confirm, incoming and outgoing call are working without issue?  

Did you try reseat the SIM ?

Did you try logging in to Self-Serve and confirm if account is Active? 

Also on Self-Serve, On the overview page, there should be a line showing how much data you have  for the month and how much data used, what is it showing there?

Did you try forcing the network to use 3G instead of Automatic and see if Data works ?

Need Help? Let's chat.